Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Fanart UGHERZ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luv4jack_skellington

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:29:53 am    Post subject: Fanart UGHERZ Reply with quote

This is a horrible thing to say, but I need to vent...
Is anyone a little bit annoyed with all the cheap computer Paint program stuff that's been spamming up the fanart boards on nbc.net lately? I'm not much of an artist myself (I try my hardest) but one of the reasons I joined this site was because I was highly impressed with the great art on the "New Art" page of the site. I've only seen a few great pieces up lately...the rest of it looks like it's all done on Paint. By someone who doesn't know how to use it (like me...which is why I stick to a pencil and paper!)

I know. I'm a horrible person.

But does anyone agree with me? And if so, are you bold enough to come out and say so?

JackieJester
The Local Jester

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:33:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel.
Sometimes I don't even want to approve it because it doesn't look like the person put the effort into making it.
Either that or their just learning and hopefully they'll improve.

See my babies

HalloweensJack
The Undead Reporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:55:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I would post something nice but I haven't been working on TNBC pics lately. But we can't deny them b/c of your personal judgement about the artwork. Beauty is on the eye of the beholder

Behind this mask there is more then flesh, behind this mask, there's an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.- V for Vendetta

DropDead
The Lunacy Fringe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:55:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both JackieJester & HalloweensJack. I've noticed alot of the Fan Art submissions that are made w/programs like Paint, are uploaded by a majority of the younger members. I assume they're just learning to use those types of programs and if anyone were to look back on their own artwork as a child, it probably wouldn't look very well 'put together' for lack of a better word. Though it may not look as if they took the time or effort, some people may be a bit 'artistically challenged' [lol] and just want to explore different art forms or better their skills as an artist. I mean, we all have to start somewhere.

But like HalloweensJack said, you can't let personal judgement get in the way of someone else's artwork. But everyone has an opinion and @ luv4jack_skellington, I think the best way to deal with it is to use this as an opportunity to comment on their artwork and kindly explain a better method of doing something to help them next time they decide to use the Paint program. If you give tips and postitve feedback by saying something like, 'I like your artwork, but maybe next time you could try this..' they'd be more responsive than if you were to just blurt out that you hate their art. You don't have to love their art, but this way, you're doing more help than harm, and with the positive feedback, they'll be more willing to try your method and it will give them a chance to better their skills? So maybe you could try it one time and see how it goes?

In The End It's Not About What You Have // In The End It's All About Where You Wanna Go // And The Road You Take To Help You Get There // I Hope You Think That's Fair // Cause You Only Got One Life To Lead // So Don't Take For Granted Those Little Things // Those Little Things Are All That We Have // Forget Everything Just For Tonight // We'll Sing Like Everyone When They're Alone // Cause I've Been Waiting For Tonight To Sing Whoa, Whoa // Let's Believe That If We All Stand Together // We're A Force That Can Shake The Whole World // For Once I'm Doing Something Right When We Sing Whoa, Whoa

The Pumpkin prince!
Pinball Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:45:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm not a fanart guy, (i approve fan fictions because i barely have an artistic eye) but I'm just gonna say right now that I've seen some pretty good stuff on Paint. You can't really blame the tools, a great artist can make a great picture out of anything. Paint is a rather hard program to learn though, I will admit. And most people have it on a laptop, and that's a situation where you can blame the tools. Because really, forget trying to draw ANYTHING on a trackpad.

"Come now Cheshire. Look at me. Do I look like I have any interest in children? Now making them... Well, that's another story." - Bayonetta
Song of the Whenever: The Killing Moon by Echo & The Bunnymen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Creativity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: