Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

his year. So every time I have a challenge,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:02:08 am    Post subject: his year. So every time I have a challenge, Reply with quote

PHILADELPHIA -- When David Buchanan walked into the managers office after a rough outing in the minors, he didnt expect to leave a major leaguer. Buchanan sure pitched like he belonged in his debut. The 25-year-old righty threw five effective innings, Chase Utley hit a two-run homer and the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-3 Saturday. Filling in for injured ace Cliff Lee, Buchanan (1-0) gave the struggling Phillies a lift. He allowed two runs and five hits, striking out two. He was pulled after one inning and four runs in his last start at Triple-A Lehigh Valley. A couple days later, manager Dave Brundage and pitching coach Ray Burris met with him to make sure he was fine. "After 15 minutes, I was walking out when (Brundage) said: Are you going to be ready when Chooch (Carlos Ruiz) calls for a fastball?" Buchanan said. "I stopped and he said it again. I was like, Are you serious?" Buchanan, who grew up a Braves fan in Georgia, had more than 15 family and friends in the crowd, including his parents. "This is what I thought about since I was a kid," he said. "Im overwhelmed with emotions. Its so humbling that so many people took the time out, got plane tickets and were here to see me." Ben Revere went 4 for 4 in his first game leading off since May 14 and Jimmy Rollins drove in two runs to help the Phillies snap a three-game losing streak. Jonathan Papelbon tossed a scoreless ninth for his 13th save in 14 tries. Dodgers starter Dan Haren (5-3) gave up five runs -- two earned -- and six hits, striking out seven in six innings. Buchanan retired the first three batters he faced on grounders before the Phillies gave him a quick lead in the bottom half. One pitch after catcher A.J. Ellis dropped his foul pop, Utley drove one out to right field for a 2-0 lead. Utley ended a homerless drought of 127 at-bats, dating to April 13. "I just missed it," Ellis said. "It was a bad play by me and it cost us the game." Revere started Philadelphias first with his first double since last July 8. One out later, Utley connected. Revere and Rollins hit consecutive RBI singles with two outs in the second to make it 4-0. Rollins hit .308 with two homers and had a .438 on-base percentage in eight games batting first, which used to be his spot throughout his career. But manager Ryne Sandberg put Revere back atop the order after benching him a couple games. "To be close to .300 this soon after ankle surgery is pretty impressive," said Revere, who is hitting .289 after missing the second half of last year following an ankle injury. Carl Crawfords RBI groundout in the fourth cut it to 4-1. Dee Gordon hit an RBI single with two outs in the fifth to get the Dodgers within 4-2. Revere reached on an infield single and went to third when Harens throw to first sailed down the right field line. He scored on Rollins groundout to extend the lead to 5-2 in the fifth. Yasiel Puig led off the sixth with a triple off Jake Diekman. Two outs later, he scored on Carlos Ruizs passed ball. Buchanan earned himself another start while Lee is sidelined. Lee has an elbow strain and its uncertain whether hell be ready when hes eligible to come off the DL. "Its an outing he can build on as we need him," Sandberg said. NOTES: Ruiz hit a foul ball that landed in a vendors bin that he was carrying over his head while walking up steps in the right field stands. Fans cheered the unsuspecting vendor, who gave the ball to a young boy. ... Buchanan is the first player from Georgia State to play in the majors. .... Phillies LF Domonic Brown left with mid-back spasms. Hes day to day. ... Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch because of a sore left calf. ... Phillies 3B Cody Asche is day to day with a left hamstring injury. ... The Phillies placed RHP Luis Garcia on the 15-day disabled list because of a right forearm strain. Buchanan took his roster spot. Garcia had a 15.75 ERA in three appearances. ... Haren struck out the side on 11 pitches in the third. ... The Phillies are 12-3 on weekends, 9-22 the other five days. ... A.J. Burnett (3-3) faces Josh Beckett (2-1) in the series finale Sunday afternoon. Browns Jerseys . -- Justin Verlander took a no-hit bid into the sixth inning and won his fourth straight decision, leading Detroit over the Kansas City Royals 9-4 Sunday and extending the Tigers winning streak to a season-high five games. Danny Shelton Jersey . -- The Toronto Maple Leafs are tightening the race for second place in the Atlantic Division. http://www.footballbrownsnflprostore.com/Youth-Jamie-Collins-Elite-Jersey/. The Maple Leafs will play on the road for the first time this season after dropping home contests to Montreal and Pittsburgh to begin the campaign. After losing a one-goal decision to the Canadiens on Wednesday, they were bested 5-2 on Saturday by the Penguins. Bernie Kosar Youth Jersey . The club says Fridays surgery was successful. Holiday, a former Eastern Conference All-Star acquired from Philadelphia last summer, has not played because of the shin injury since Jan. Christian Kirksey Womens Jersey . -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over.LONDON Following an early-round win at this years Wimbledon, Genie Bouchard brought a stuffed Cinderella doll to her news conference. A fan had tossed it to her. "I like to think thats me," Bouchard said sheepishly with a smile while looking down at the blonde-haired doll in her hand. "Someone gave me it, because Im a princess." Bouchard was named after royalty: Princess Eugenie, the daughter of Prince Andrew, to be precise. And she admits she does have some "princess-like tendencies" that go beyond just the name. "You can ask my coach or my parents or anyone: I can be a princess," Bouchard admitted eliciting laughs from a throng of reporters. "I mean, theyre not horrible, but I can be moody in the morning. Im not so much of a morning person. My fitness trainer carries my tennis bag around, but thats so I dont get tired, because I want to save all my energy for the match. "I mean, I can demand a few things once in a while, but I do it with love," the 20-year-old said with a big grin. Bouchards Wimbledon campaign has all the elements of a fairytale story. Even a platonic Prince Charming has emerged in the form of an American television star. Jim Parsons, who plays Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory, has travelled to the All-England Club to support Bouchard. "Its my favourite show," Bouchard explained. "Its a comedy, you know. For me, so many unexpected things, you just burst out laughing. Its a nice way to relax and have a good time. Its less stressful to watch than, say, like a movie on a war or something. Its pretty relaxing, which I love. Jim Parsons character, Sheldon, is my favourite character. Hes so nerdy. I love the character. Hes so smart and set in his ways. "I think the writing of the show is pretty spectacular." Considering how much Bouchard likes the hit sitcom her agent decided to reach out to Parsons last year and invite him to Wimbledon. Parsons was touched, but couldnt attend due to work obligations. However, he started watching Bouchards matches and writing her emails after each one. Theyve become friends through this pen-pal relationship. And now Parsons is finally here in London. "Its a random pairing, right?" Bouchard said again with a huge smile. "Well, its been a year since weve been in contact. Since then hes watched pretty much every match he could watch or else he would follow on live scores. Hes emailed me after every single match Ive played. Hes more positive than all of my team combined. So its a refreshing change to get a nice email with exclamation marks and smiley faces. Im such a big fan of his show. He says hes such a big fan of me. So its really cool that hes here to finally watch me live. "We talk about, you know, the mental aspect in tennis. He says how its similar tto him acting.dddddddddddd He has to be in the moment on set and all these things. Its interesting to see how similar the mentality is in different careers." WATCH: Jim Parsons explains how he and Bouchard became friends With a Prince Charming on site, Bouchard has lived a somewhat charmed life at Wimbledon this year. A seemingly difficult draw opened up a bit when Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova were eliminated one round before they were to face Bouchard. On Monday, Bouchard was scheduled to play on Centre Court, which has a retractable roof, and was able to complete her fourth-round match while all her rivals sat and waited due to a lengthy rain delay. "Im happy I got the experience of playing under the famous roof," Bouchard quipped that day. "I follow the roof on Twitter (@WimbledonRoof) and hes kind of funny. I hope hes proud of how I played today. He was looking down. Hopefully he enjoyed the match." The rest of the field didnt find it so funny as every other woman in the draw was forced to play on Tuesday while Bouchard rested up. Then in the semifinals, opponent Simona Halep injured her foot early in the first set, somewhat limiting her mobility and contributing to her defeat. Everything seems to be falling into place and a lifelong ambition is within reach. "I started playing tennis at five years old," Bouchard said on Friday. "Soon after, you know, it was my dream to become a professional tennis player. I was very young when I decided I wanted to do it. I was nine. Since that age I dreamt of winning a Grand Slam." On Saturday, Bouchard gets that chance. Standing in her way is No. 6 seed Petra Kvitova, the 2011 Wimbledon champion. But Bouchard is a Wimbledon champion as well. It has been just two short years since the Canadian claimed the junior title here. Bouchard likes the grass, which accentuates her aggressive game. She likes the Royal Box, the tradition and even the strict all-white clothing policy at the All England Club. This is her favourite Grand Slam and Bouchard seems to have the crowd on her side in each match she plays. Considering all of the above, it would be fitting if this was the stage where all her hard work pays off. "Its been a long time in the making, you know, for it to finally come together, all the hard work, the talent I know I have, the effort I put in, you know, for it to produce results on the match court. Thats happened this year, but, you know, its been a long time in the making. I wouldnt say its an overnight thing," Bouchard explained. "Ive just been believing in myself more and more and meeting the challenges I faced. I played on the professional tour for a year and I was improving as I was playing that year; the same t
Code:
his year. So every time I have a challenge,
I just try to get better. Its really helped." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Creativity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: