Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

lier, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. Youve go

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09:16 am    Post subject: lier, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. Youve go Reply with quote

MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams says her close friend Caroline Wozniacki is the fittest player on tour, and many would agree after the Danish former No. 1 completed the New York City Marathon her first attempt at the 26-mile (42-kilometre) distance in about 3 1-2 hours.But Williams said Saturday that she doesnt share Wozniackis love of running. Not even close.I do a lot of sprints. I need to keep my speed up, Williams said Saturday. I do distance to keep fit. I absolutely hate running, but I do it because I hate the way I look if I dont run. By Dennis Passa http://twitter.com/DennisPassa___LOVING THE CHOICE: Maria Sharapova isnt sure what she enjoys more playing tennis and winning tournaments or being a couch potato but she appreciates having the ability to choose.Sharapova has been hampered in the past by shoulder injuries and surgeries. Last year at Melbourne Park, she lost in the fourth round and then revealed she had a hip complaint.This years shes healthy, and appreciating it, though also considering the tempting alternatives.The best thing is that Im here, she said Saturday. I have the opportunity to go out and try to win this tournament.It is sometimes nice to think that I could be on the couch watching on TV. I dont know if Id actually be watching ... I dont know if Id be drinking wine. Maybe a sangria actually.. By Dennis Passa http://twitter.com/DennisPassa___Australian Open Scene follows tennis first Grand Slam tournament of the year as seen by journalists from The Associated Press. It will be often be updated throughout the day. Leonard Williams Jersey . Returning to Davis Cup tennis, Federer cruised past Ilija Bozoljac, winning 6-4, 7-5, 6-2 in less than two hours. Federer faced little challenge from Bozoljac, who served well but still was no match for his Swiss opponent. Bilal Powell Jersey . Jose Bautista homered for the fifth straight game in the sixth inning, following a two-out solo homer by Melky Cabrera. Edwin Encarnacion led off the seventh with a homer to tie the game 3-3 and, with two out in the seventh, Munenori Kawasaki came through with the two-out single to score pinch-runner Steve Tolleson with what proved to be the winning run. http://www.shopnyjets.us/ladainian-tomlinson-jersey/. The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks. Eric Tomlinson Jersey . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. Wesley Walker Jersey . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say.DETROIT -- The Montreal Canadiens started fast and finished strong to overcome a rough patch in between. Max Pacioretty broke a third-period tie, Tomas Plekanec scored twice and Montreal beat the Detroit Red Wings 5-4 Thursday night. The Canadiens jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period and led 3-1 going into the third. But Detroits Tomas Tatar scored twice during a span of 3:06 early in the third period to tie it. Pacioretty restored the Canadiens lead 5:48 into the third and Thomas Vanek added a goal with 8:45 left. "The second and third periods werent good at all. We got lucky that we found a way to win," Plekanec said. Vanek added two assists and David Desharnais had a goal and an assist for Montreal. P.K. Subban had two assists and Carey Price made 26 saves. "It doesnt matter if you win 1-0 or 10-9 at this point. It all adds up the same," Price said. Canadiens coach Michel Therrien praised the line of Desharnais between Vanek and Pacioretty. "They were true leaders the way they played. They were playing all over the ice, they were hungry and did the right things." Tatars goals were his 17th and 18th. Riley Sheahan added a goal and an assist, and Johan Franzen also scored for Detroit. Jimmy Howard stopped 24 shots. "From the start. We werent very good in the first period, starting with myself. We were turning the pucks over all over the ice, we werent skating and we werent working," Red Wings defenceman Niklas Kronwall said. "But in saying that, we were still in the game somehow. Howie (Howard) kept us in there, gave us a chance. "We make it 3-3, then they go up 4-3, 5-3 and we score right away again and its still a game, but all in all we have to be better than this." Franzenn brought the Red Wings to within one, 21 seconds after Vaneks goal.dddddddddddd It was Franzens 16th goal and broke a nine-game goal-scoring drought. "I thought we played good and had lots of opportunity as far as offensively. We were just poor in our own zone on sort outs, on face-offs, which is just an easy thing to do. So for whatever reason we didnt get that done," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said. "But my big thing here today is just, as we said earlier, catch-up hockey is losing hockey. Youve got to get prepared, youve got to play right and you have to do it for 60 minutes and be patient. When you start chasing the game like we were tonight anything can happen. Its entertaining and all that for the fans but its not a recipe for success whatsoever." Sheahan put the Red Wings on the board and cut the Canadiens lead to 2-1 with his sixth goal 1:28 into the second period. Desharnais restored Montreals two-goal lead with 8:57 remaining in the middle period on his 14th goal. Plekanecs two goals gave Montreal a 2-0 lead in the first period. He opened the scoring 7:49 into the game, then got his 20th goal with 5:49 left in the opening period. NOTE: Detroit RW Tomas Jurco returned after missing seven games with a broken rib. ... Montreal LW Travis Moen missed his second game with a concussion. ... Red Wings C Pavel Datsyuk, who has missed 13 games with a sore knee, is skating but theres no timetable for his return. ... Detroit C Henrik Zetterberg, who had back surgery on Feb. 21, wont be cleared for contact until April 18-19. ... Pacioretty played college hockey at the University of Michigan. ... Montreal D Mike Weaver played college hockey at Michigan State. ... Canadiens RW Dale Weise missed his second game with an upper-body injury. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Tim Burton All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: