Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Dori Carter, the second-round leader after a cours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Help and Update Forum
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:15:14 am    Post subject: Dori Carter, the second-round leader after a cours Reply with quote

CINCINNATI - The Toronto Blue Jays have quite the act to follow. The American League East leaders take aim at a second straight victory on Saturday afternoon in the middle contest of a three-game set with the Cincinnati Reds. The Blue Jays seemed well on their way to an eighth loss in 10 games in Fridays opener, falling behind 8-0 after the second inning. However, they began to chip away, starting with Edwin Encarnacions three-run homer in the third frame, and trailed 9-3 after the fifth inning before catching fire and battling back for a 14-9 win. Toronto tied the contest in the eighth inning on Dioner Navarros RBI double and Encarnacion highlighted a five-run ninth frame with another three-run homer, his MLB-leading 23rd longball of the year. Juan Francisco had a two-run homer and Brett Lawrie added a solo shot as Toronto snapped a three-game losing streak. "What a ballgame. Those things are some kind of rare," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said on his teams website. "Were down 8-0, youre scrambling, and basically all youre thinking is, How are we going to get through this game with the pitching? Then of course Edwin got us on the board, we had some other action, we kind of held them in check and then we just kind of exploded." Devin Mesoraco and Jay Bruce hit two-run homers in the big second inning for the Reds, and Mesoraco added a run-scoring groundout in the fifth inning, but Cincinnati ended up losing its second straight game after winning six of seven. "Fortunately, tonights loss counts as one loss. Unfortunately, it was an ugly loss," Reds manager Bryan Price said on his teams official website. "And that is one of the types of losses that affects everybody." Despite the epic comeback, the Blue Jays hope that starter J.A. Happ can prevent the club from falling behind big again today. Happ has won five of his last seven starts and is coming off a 5-2 victory in Baltimore on Sunday. The left-hander had one of his better outings of the year, allowing one run on seven hits over six innings while striking out six without a walk. Happ, 31, improved to 6-3 with a 4.05 earned run average on the year and is 1-2 lifetime versus the Reds with a 5.64 ERA in five meetings. Looking to right the Reds ship will be Mike Leake, but he will need to put his June struggles behind him to do so. Leake has pitched to an 8.22 ERA in three outings this month, losing the first two before getting plenty of support in a 13-4 victory over Milwaukee on Sunday. The 26-year-old righty needed the help as he allowed four runs on nine hits and three walks in five innings of work. Leake is 4-6 with a 3.80 ERA on the season and lost his only previous start against the Blue Jays on June 17, 2011, though he allowed just three runs over seven innings. Toronto is 9-4 versus Cincinnati dating back to the 2003 campaign. Isco Jersey . Cruz set the tone with a two-run homer in the first inning, and Baltimore scored eight times in the eighth to pull away for a 12-3 victory in Game 1. The major league leader with 40 homers during the regular season, Cruz added an RBI single to his early blast off Max Scherzer. Gareth Bale Jersey . With one week left in the regular season, Cornish - voted The Toughest Player To Bring Down - is a leading candidate for the CFLs Most Outstanding Player award. He has rushed for 1,799 yards and could break Willie Burdens club record for rushing yards in a single season with a 98-yard performance against the B. http://www.realmadridfcprohop.us/Karim-Benzema-Real-Madrid-Jersey/. Ireland was the last unbeaten side in the championship after France fell to Wales on Friday, and was favoured to end a three-match losing run to England with a side with more than twice as many caps, rampant momentum, and added incentive to celebrate Brian ODriscolls world record-tying 139th test cap. Lucas Vazquez Jersey .com) - Scott Parel carded a 5-under 65 on Thursday and he grabbed a 1-stroke lead after one round of the season-opening Panama Claro Championship. Nacho Fernandez Jersey . Neither side would publicly confirm or deny any discussions were taking place, until the near unexpected happened. On Saturday night sources confirmed to TSN, the league and players agreed to terms on a new, tentative CBA, pending ratification by the unions players. A league source confirmed the CFLs board of governors must also ratify any potential agreement. CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Cristie Kerr made a 55-foot par-saving putt after hitting her final approach into the water Saturday at Aviara, giving her a share of the Kia Classic lead with Lizette Salas. Kerr finished with a 2-under 70 to match Salas at 10-under 206. After dropping a stroke on the par-5 17th, Kerr holed out from the edge of the green on the par-4 18th after taking a penalty drop. "Obviously, it was the worst shot I could have hit and then it was the best shot I could have hit," Kerr said. "So go figure, thats golf. It was pretty amazing. It is really one of those moments that you just remember for a lifetime. I was just trying to get it close. Usually thats when those go in." Kerr won the Kingsmill Championship last year for her 16th LPGA Tour title. "I hit two hooks on 17 in a row," Kerr said. "That hole owes me tomorrow. That hole owes me tomorrow, big time." Salas, the former Southern California player from Azusa, had a 69. She birdied the par-5 17th for a share of the lead and matched Kerr with a par on the last. Salas was followed by a spirited gallery wearing "Team Salas" shirts as she tries to win her first LPGA Tour title. "Im just really trying to capitalize on the par 5s," Salas said. "Just staying patient. Thats really my key this week is to stay pattient, even though Im in trouble, like on No.dddddddddddd 13, where I hit it into the bunker." She got up-and-down for par, and didnt let a bogey on No. 15 -- her first of the tournament -- bring her down. "One bogey out of three days is not a bad thing," Salas said. Dori Carter, the second-round leader after a course-record 64, had a 74 to drop into a tie for third at 8 under with Thailand winner Anna Nordqvist, Ayako Uehara and Shanshan Feng. "Overall I handled my nerves pretty well," Carter said. "It was my first time playing in the final group." Nordqvist and Uehara shot 67, and Feng had a 69. "I started off really solid," Nordqvist said. "I think the back nine is playing a little tougher, but I hung tough and made a silly mistake on 16. But other than that, Im really happy with my round." Third-ranked Stacy Lewis was 7 under after a 73. She had two late bogeys. DIVOTS: One of the tournaments most bizarre shots came Saturday from Yani Tseng on the par 4 No. 18. Tseng sprayed her approach shot left, deep into the bleacher hugging the green. The ball ricocheted around and spit out, landing on the green where Tseng, the 2012 winner, pared the hole. ... Michelle Wie and 16-year-old Lydia Ko were in a group tied for 28th at 3 under. Wie had a 70, and Ko shot 71. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Help and Update Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: