Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

were going to win some points because

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xusuwen96

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59:59 am    Post subject: were going to win some points because Reply with quote

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- With owner Tom Gores seated courtside, the Detroit Pistons looked at least somewhat like a team that could be tough to play against during the second half of the season. Of course, they were facing the short-handed Philadelphia 76ers. Andre Drummond had 22 points and 14 rebounds, and Detroit overwhelmed Philadelphia 113-96 Saturday night. Greg Monroe added 21 points and 12 rebounds. He and Drummond combined to go 18 of 21 from the field. "I would say that were better than our record," said Gores, the California-based owner who has been at a handful of Detroits home games this season. "My focus right now is how to get this team to the next level." The Pistons have won back-to-back games at The Palace for the first time since their first two home games of the season. Detroit is 9-15 at home and 19-27 overall. Philadelphia was without rookie of the year candidate Michael Carter-Williams, who sat out with a sore right shoulder. "We decided to give him some time off and he needed it," 76ers coach Brett Brown said. "Day to day is a fair assessment." Tony Wroten led the 76ers with 18 points. Brandon Jennings and Kyle Singler added 20 points apiece for Detroit. The Pistons signed Josh Smith and traded for Jennings in the off-season, but with the team still struggling, theres been talk that another move could be coming. Monroe has been at the centre of that speculation, since Detroit has a logjam of frontcourt players -- but he and Drummond were both outstanding Saturday, and Smith added nine points, nine rebounds, seven assists and four steals. Gores indicated that the upcoming trade deadline is not a major focus -- or at least, its no more important than a number of other aspects of team management. "We arent focused on the deadline or anything like that. We are looking at getting the guys better," Gores said. "Were doing a lot of homework, but our main job is to make sure our players are at their maximum." Monroe and Drummond went a combined 9 for 9 in the first quarter, and Detroit led 32-22 after one thanks to that inside presence. "That was something that I think just happened in the flow of the game -- its not something that we really talked about," Monroe said. "Once it worked a few times, we kept going back to it." Late in the second, Philadelphias Evan Turner drew a foul on rookie Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Turner appeared to flip the ball back at a group of players under the basket. Jennings responded by throwing the ball at Turner, and both he and the Philadelphia forward were hit with technical fouls. "I lost my balance and as I was trying to catch the ball, I guess I hit him in the face with the ball," Turner said. "It wasnt intentional. It was an unfortunate mistake." The Pistons led 57-49 at halftime, and they broke the game open with a 16-2 run in the third quarter. Singler and Caldwell-Pope made back-to-back 3-pointers to make it 74-56, and another 3 by Singler capped the run and gave Detroit a 23-point lead. "I think were still attacking, instead of trying to keep the lead and playing conservatively," Detroit guard Will Bynum said. "I think we were attacking in the fourth quarter until we pretty much got the win." The Pistons led by as many as 28. Drummond finished 10 of 11 from the field, and Monroe was 8 of 10. Detroit was coming off a three-day layoff because its game at Atlanta on Wednesday was postponed because of bad weather in Georgia. Singler had 10 rebounds, giving the Pistons three players with at least 20 points and 10 rebounds for the first time since Dec. 3, 1997. Grant Hill, Bison Dele and Lindsey Hunter all did it in that triple-overtime win over Phoenix. NOTES: The Pistons had 22 offensive rebounds and outrebounded the 76ers 57-44 overall. ... Philadelphia had 64 points in the paint to Detroits 60. They entered as the top two teams in the NBA in that department. ... The Pistons are 3-0 against the 76ers this season. ... Philadelphia is 3-22 when held under 100 points. Karl Klug Jersey . Nine years later, he might have finally figured it out. He had only five rounds in the 60s in his previous eight trips. Harry Douglas Jersey . -- Arizona pitcher Bronson Arroyo is expected to miss a week to 10 days because of a back injury. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black-Marcus-Mariota-Titans-Jersey/. Off-Season Game Plan examines a team facing some challenging times as GM Bryan Murray tries to put together a roster for next season. Perhaps the first challenge facing Murray is that its expected he will be moving out Jason Spezza, a premier point producer who is about to enter the final year of his contract. Ben Jones Jersey . The game marks the rare occasion when two homegrown running backs, Jon Cornish of the Calgary Stampeders and Andrew Harris of the B.C. Lions, will start in the West Divisions battle for a Grey Cup berth. Josh Kline Jersey . The government says top golfers are expected to compete in the PGA Tour event at the Ashburn Golf Club in the suburb of Fall River from July 3-6 and again next year.Carson, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Real Salt Lake can clinch a seventh straight trip to the playoffs on Sunday when the club travels to the StubHub Center to take on last-place Chivas USA. RSL enters the weekend eight points back of Western Conference leaders Seattle and Los Angeles, but the team would like to remain in the top three to avoid playing in the knockout round. Salt Lake has only a one-point lead on FC Dallas with four games to play, so three points is a must for Jeff Cassars side on Sunday. A 2-1 defeat to Vancouver last time out saw RSL take the lead in the 57th minute through Nat Borchers, but Salt Lake gave away two debatable penalty kicks that were converted by Pedro Morales, forcing the team to leave the match with nothing. Despite the setback, midfielder Kyle Beckerman was still pleased with the effort, and he is confident his team can come away with a better result on Sunday. I think the important thing was the effort that we gave tonight, Beckerman said after the loss. I thought everybody fought for each other and really had each others back. The main thing you can get from it is we you can work for each other and really react to mistakes, and I thought we did that. Well take that and see if we can get better next week. Chivas is a team that is in the midst of another disappointing campaign, and the club saw its winless streak reach 12 games following a 4-2 setback against Seattle last time out. Wilmer Cabreras team actually took a 2-1 lead against the Supporters Shield contenders through 18 minutes, but goals from Lamar Neagle, Clint Dempsey and Obafemi Martins allowed the Sounders to survive the upset.dddddddddddd The performance against Seattle is one of the best that Chivas has produced in recent months with the team having been held without a goal in nine of its 12 games during the winless streak. We came to play an even game and it was a good game, said Cabrera following the Seattle defeat. The intensity was good; we created options and we scored two goals. [Seattle is] a very good team, one of the top teams in this league, if not the best. No doubt, with the mentality, with the intensity that the players put on the field, we watched and we enjoyed a good game. Those kind of moral victories are the only ones that Chivas is getting at this point in the season with the club rooted to the bottom of the Western Conference and having already been eliminated from playoff contention. But Cabrera is hopeful that if his side can play with a similar intensity to what he saw against Seattle over the final four games, that his side will be able to at least take some points down the stretch. Weve been talking, [the players] are committed and right now, what we need to think is, if we can play the next four games with this intensity, were going to win some points because we have three [games] at home, so thats important, Cabrera said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Story All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: