Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

g its roster ahead of Saturda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panxing18

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:44:33 am    Post subject: g its roster ahead of Saturda Reply with quote

NASHVILLE Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey , Tenn. (AP) — Kenny Vaccaro says he believes fellow safety Eric Reid should be on a team playing in the NFL. Needing a job himself, the veteran is very happy that the Tennessee Titans signed him instead.

Vaccaro signed a one-year deal with the Titans on Saturday morning and was with them for individual drills at practice at Nissan Stadium hours later. He had been waiting for a team to sign him since his contract with New Orleans expired in March.

“This has been a long time coming for me,” Vaccaro said. “I was waiting on the right opportunity. I was fortunate that one opened up here and that we could get a deal done. I’m ready to work.”

The Titans also signed safety Jason Thompson after placing safety Johnathan Cyprien on injured reserve Friday with a torn left ACL.

Reid, who has been looking for a job since March himself, remains unsigned since his own rookie contract expired in March with the San Francisco 49ers. He filed a claim this spring after visiting with Cincinnati, arguing he was unsigned as a result of collusion by NFL owners over his protests of police brutality and racial inequality by kneeling during the national anthem.

“He’s a great man,” Vaccaro said of Reid. “He’s a good family man, and a great dude. He needs to be on a team. He’ll get on a team. I believe in him.”

Reid was headed to Nashville to work out for the Titans on Friday but reportedly had flight issues. Titans coach Mike Vrabel said he’d leave questions on what happened to Reid’s workout to Reid and his agent and general manager Jon Robinson.

“Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to see him,” Vrabel said. “So that’s really all I can comment on. I’ll let Eric and his camp comment, and I’ll let Jon take care of it on our end.”

The 6-foot Vaccaro spent the past five years as a starter with New Orleans, starting 67 games with eight interceptions Marshall Newhouse Jersey , 7 1/2 sacks and four forced fumbles. The Saints drafted him 15th overall in 2013 out of Texas. Vrabel said Vaccaro didn’t look at times last year like the safety had earlier in his career but had a great workout for the Titans.

“So what we expect is that he’s a pro, and he comes in and learns what to do quickly,” Vrabel said. “We’ll work him in there and see where he can help us. He’s made plays in the National Football League, and it seems like he’s starting off with a great attitude.”

Vaccaro said he’s a competitive person who knows he has to catch up with his new teammates in a secondary featuring All-Pro safety Kevin Byard and cornerbacks Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan and Adoree Jackson.

“There’s a lot of good players here,” Vaccaro said. “They’re loaded. Dean Pees’ defense, the stuff we’re going to run, it’s just a good fit. I’ve got a good feeling about it. I haven’t got to practice yet. I did a lot of different things at NOLA — nickel, dime, safety, back deep at some point, I’ve been in every situation.”

Thompson has spent time with New England Fred Warner Jersey , Chicago, Seattle and Dallas since coming into the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of Utah in 2017.

CLEVELAND (AP) — With barely a week left until the season opens, Browns coach Hue Jackson is still tinkering with his offensive line.

Another shift could be coming.

During a conference call on Friday, Jackson raised the possibility that Joel Bitonio could be on the move again. The team slid him from left guard to tackle during training camp to fill the cavern created when perennial Pro Bowler Joe Thomas retired following last season.

Jackson said Cleveland’s line remains under construction just nine days before the Pittsburgh Steelers come to town.

“Everything is a little bit fluid over there, especially on the left side as we continue to move forward,” he said. “I am going to say this again, I am going to continue to put the best five guys out there.”

When camp opened, the Browns had Shon Coleman, who started 16 games at right tackle, lined up at left tackle. After line coach Bob Wylie said shifting Bitonio to left tackle was “Plan Z,” Jackson did it anyway and put rookie Austin Corbett at left guard.

That’s how the Browns played their first three exhibition games, and by all accounts Bitonio held his own at a position he hadn’t played since college. The reviews on Corbett Kiko Alonso Jersey , the No. 33 overall draft pick this year, were a little more mixed, and it’s possible the Browns aren’t satisfied with his progress.

“I think that he has done some good things,” Jackson said when asked specifically about Corbett. “I have always said from Day 1 that we are going to play the best five guys. How that unfolds as we go through preseason and as we go through everything, we will make a decision about what we think is best.”

The Browns did make a line move on Friday, trading Coleman to the San Francisco 49ers for a seventh-round draft pick next season. Coleman was drafted in the third round by the Browns in 2016.

Undrafted rookie Desmond Harrison started at left tackle in Thursday’s exhibition finale at Detroit and Jackson said the 6-foot-6, 295-pounder could be in the mix. Harrison transferred from Texas and finished his college career at West Georgia.

“All of those avenues are open,” Jackson said. “I know we have seen Joel at left tackle and he has played it, and Corbett at left guard and Harrison at left tackle. When it is all said and done, my job is that we put the best five guys out there, and that is what we are going to do.”

Another option is former Arizona and Chicago lineman Earl Watford, who signed with the Browns earlier this week. Watford has appeared in 43 NFL games Pat Elflein Jersey , making 21 starts with the Cardinals. He played both right and left guard last season.

Although things are unsettled up front, Jackson insists he’s not worried.

“I feel good about where we are, where we are headed, and the players who we have playing there,” he said. “I just want to make sure that we are not turning in the lineup cards today or to say who is starting or anything like that. I just want to make sure that it is a decision, when it is all said and done, that I am good with it all and that I am not going to change two days from now or three days from now.”

NOTES: Cleveland began trimming its roster ahead of Saturday’s deadline. The most notable cut was WR Jeff Janis, signed as a free agent in March after four years with Green Bay. Janis was passed by several of Cleveland’s young receivers. Also released was fourth-string QB Brogan Roback, who got some quality time on this season’s “Hard Knocks” series. … Jackson said WR Josh Gordon will return to practice Monday. The former Pro Bowler missed the first three weeks of camp while receiving treatment in Florida connected to his drug and alcohol addictions. He’s been slowed by a hamstring injury since being cleared by the NFL to resume all activities.
Tennessee Titans Customized Jerseys

Lisawhip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisawhip

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:05:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pandora jewelry
off white
ralph lauren outlet
vapormax plus
coach outlet
adidas outlet
jimmy choo
red bottoms
kobe shoes
ray ban sunglasses
reebok
fitflop
new jordans
nike presto
uggs boots
skechers
pandora rings
skechers shoes
curry shoes
tory burch outlet
mbt shoes
asics shoes
new jordans
clarks shoes
off white
yeezy
pandora jewelry
vapormax
air max 97
north face jackets
pandora jewelry
louboutin shoes
red bottom
zhen2018920

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » The Story All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: