Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

better."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » Introduction
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine95

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:09:27 am    Post subject: better." Reply with quote

The Memphis Grizzlies have decided to make J.B. Bickerstaff their next head coach http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/ty-montgomery-jersey , removing the interim tag from his title.

The Grizzlies did not disclose terms Tuesday of Bickerstaff’s new deal. He will be introduced at a news conference Wednesday.

Bickerstaff was the associate head coach when Memphis fired David Fizdale in late November of his second season. Guard Mike Conley had season-ending surgery to repair his left heel and Achilles tendon, and the Grizzlies finished the season at 22-60 for the second-worst record in the NBA behind only Phoenix.

They had to win their regular season home finale to avoid the worst record since relocating to Memphis for the 2001-02 season. But they should wind up with their highest draft pick since 2009.

”J.B. did an admirable job as interim head coach last season in what was a challenging set of circumstances,” general manager Chris Wallace said in a statement. ”J.B. has connected with our players and earned their respect throughout his time in Memphis, and we have been pleased with his role in developing our young players. We are excited to see him coach with a full offseason and a healthy roster next season.”

This will be the first time Bickerstaff has been hired as head coach without an interim tag. He finished the 2015-16 season as the interim coach in Houston after Kevin McHale was fired, and he went 37-34 with the Rockets. Bickerstaff said at the end of the season that he had been discussing his future with management and wanted to return.

”I feel like we have started something,” he said. ”We have started to build a culture. You want to be part of a group that you like. I think there’s going to be a tremendous bump next year, health permitting. I would love to be a part of it.”

Conley is expected back healthy, and the Grizzlies still have center Marc Gasol with a handful of young players like Dillon Brooks who got plenty of playing time under Bickerstaff.

Bickerstaff also was an assistant coach with Minnesota between 2007 and 2011 and worked for his father, Bernie, with the Charlotte Bobcats between 2004 and 2007. He was director of operations for the University of Minnesota men’s basketball team after playing two seasons. He started his college career at Oregon State.

Although Derwin James played against the best college players at Florida State, the Los Angeles Chargers' rookie safety is learning how football can be an entirely different game at its highest level.

"The speed is Oren Burks Jersey , uh, a little different," James said. "There's more guys that can run. And big guys! You'll see big guys flashing across your face, and you'll be like, 'Dang, why are they moving that fast?' You don't see it in college, but you're out there and a guy is 300 pounds and he's running, and you're just like, 'Oh, man, that's unbelievable.'"

James is getting up to speed quickly in the Chargers' secondary Chase Daniel Jersey , and he looks increasingly likely to grab a starting job.

Defensive coordinator Gus Bradley acknowledged Monday that the Chargers think James could start in their regular season opener alongside Jahleel Addae. James is still learning on the job, but his progress in the Bolts' first three preseason games has been exciting to his coaches.

"You can see his confidence growing in the system," Bradley said. "If he makes a mistake, now he knows. He'll come over and go, 'That was on me.' I couldn't say that a couple of weeks ago."

James was expected to step up quickly as a first-round pick, and his path to a starting spot was cleared when the Chargers allowed Tre Boston to leave in the offseason. But James still has to prove that Bradley can rely on him, and he's getting a comprehensive test during the Chargers' preseason schedule, which concludes at San Francisco on Thursday night.

James' 106 preseason snaps are the most among the Chargers' defensive players.

"I feel like the more reps I get, the more knowledge will come," James said. "Gus does a great job of saying, 'When you're uncomfortable Darrell Green Jersey , that's when you get the most growth.' Right now I'm kind of uncomfortable, and I feel like I'm getting better each day."

Bradley used James and Addae at both strong safety and free safety last weekend against New Orleans, deliberately testing their versatility. James played many roles at Florida State, but learning those roles in Bradley's defense requires study and repetition.

James played in the box effectively as a strong safety for the Seminoles, while playing deep as a free safety isn't quite as familiar. He's also getting chances to rush the passer from multiple spots in the formation, adding more experiences to his skill set.

James made mistakes against the Saints, but also made a handful of outstanding plays 鈥?including his first interception against the quarterback who will likely end this season as the most prolific passer in NFL history. James sniffed out Drew Brees' long pass to Ted Ginn and leaped to make an outstanding catch.

"There is going to be a learning curve," Bradley said. "I think he's going to go out there and he'll make a mistake here and there, but he will also make some splash plays. Just like the (interception). You saw him make a great play, and then there's a play (later) where you go, 'OK http://www.dallascowboysteamonline.com/darren-woodson-jersey , let's teach on this.' There might be some coaching on the sideline if that takes place on some plays, but he has gradually gotten better."

While he learns on the job, James has immediately taken a vocal role on the Chargers' defense, fulfilling his self-declared intention on draft day to become a team leader.

"He's already talking," Bradley said. "When you come off the field, he's talking to the guys, 'Hey, that's not good enough. This is good enough. This is what we're looking to do. That's a great job by the D-line.' He's very animated. He has a lot of energy. I think that personality will show more when he gains even more confidence in the system."

Womens Braden Smith Jersey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » Introduction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: