Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Sharks then found their game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » Introduction
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:41:40 am    Post subject: Sharks then found their game Reply with quote

ANAHEIM http://www.houstontexansteamonline.com/deshaun-watson-jersey , Calif. (AP) After losing three consecutive games in the heat of a tight playoff race, the Anaheim Ducks were not going to be choosy about who scored their goals or which team they beat.So when the Ducks skated off home ice Wednesday night with a 3-0 victory over slumping Vancouver, they were more than happy with the result – regardless of whether it came against a Canucks team that’s failed to score in its last 10 periods.Anaheim defenseman Brandon Montour scored twice, his first goals in 50 games, and veteran Jason Chimera had a goal and an assist for his first points with the Ducks since they acquired him in a Feb. 26 trade with the New York Islanders.”Every game seems do-or-die right now, the standings are so close,” Chimera said. ”We have to have them all.”The victory left the Ducks tied with Los Angeles for third place in the Pacific Division at 82 points. Anaheim has played one more game than the Kings.”We’re not worried about everyone else,” goalie John Gibson said. ”We can’t be looking at other teams. Just have to hold ourselves accountable.”Shut out for the third straight game, the Canucks kept Gibson busy. He turned away 32 shots to earn his third shutout.”It was a competitive game,” Vancouver coach Travis Green said. ”I like how we went toe-to-toe with them.”We created a lot of chances, a lot of shots. We just have to figure a way to get one in.”Vancouver, which has lost five straight and eight of nine, was eliminated from playoff contention.Montour opened the scoring 2:36 into the game on a nice give-and-go from Chimera. The defenseman hadn’t scored since Nov. 19.”It was one of those things Deshaun Watson Jersey Elite ,” Montour said after his first career multi-goal game. ”I felt the shots were still there, they just weren’t going in.”It remained 1-0 until the 13:44 mark of the second period when the 38-year-old Chimera scored his first Anaheim goal.Chris Kelly won a battle for a loose puck and fed Chimera, whose quick wrist shot whipped inside the near post for his third goal of the season but first since Dec. 27.”You want to be part of it all, scoring goals and helping out,” Chimera said. ”You don’t just want to be existing out there.”Green said the officials missed an interference call on Anaheim that left one Canucks player on the ice just prior to the goal.”That’s a call that has to be made,” he said.It was 2-0 until late in the third period, when Vancouver’s Alexander Edler was called for interference. On the power play, Montour took a pass from Nick Ritchie in front and snapped it past goalie Jacob Markstrom to complete the scoring.”This game is a lot more fun when you are winning,” Canucks forward Brandon Sutter said. ”We know where we are at standings-wise. We still want to have fun with it and try to improve as a team.”We are playing well, but we have to find ways to win, too. Tonight we did all the things you expect to, especially on the road, but we are having a tough time finding the back of the net.”NOTES: The victory was Anaheim’s fourth straight against Vancouver. . The Ducks have killed off 26 straight penalties at home. They last gave up a power-play goal at home Jan. 23 vs. the New York Rangers. … Markstrom stopped 34 shots.UP NEXTCanucks: Host the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night Youth Jalen Ramsey Jersey , their only home game in an eight-game stretch.Ducks: Host the Detroit Red Wings on Friday.— SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) The Minnesota Wild played the season finale with more urgency even though it was the San Jose Sharks who had something at stake.Jason Zucker scored twice in the second period, Eric Staal matched the franchise record for goals in a season and the Wild denied San Jose home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs with a 6-3 victory over the Sharks on Saturday night.While the Wild were locked into the third seed in the Central Division, the Sharks needed one point to finish second in the Pacific and open the playoffs at home. Instead, San Jose lost for the fifth time in the final six games and will be forced to hit the road to start the playoffs against Anaheim in the first meeting between the rivals since the Ducks upset the Presidents’ Trophy-winning Sharks in 2009.”It was disappointing tonight, but one game doesn’t define our season,” coach Peter DeBoer said. ”I think if someone told me a month ago that we’d have 100 points, I would have taken that, regardless if we had home-ice or who we were playing or not.”Mikael Granlund scored the tiebreaking goal 28 seconds before Zucker got his first and Jonas Brodin and Matt Cullen also scored for the Wild. Staal added an empty-net goal to tie Marian Gaborik’s franchise record for goals in a season with 42.”I wasn’t going to miss that one,” Staal said. ”It’s cool, it’s fun to have that alongside Marian, he’s a great player and a great goal scorer, so it was fun.”Devan Dubnyk made 27 saves. Minnesota finished the season with 101 points http://www.jaguarscheapstore.com/jalen-ramsey-jersey-cheap , going over the 100-point mark for the second straight season and fourth time in franchise history.”I thought our team played really hard,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. ”I don’t know if (San Jose) took the night off, or not, I’m hoping to believe that we played well enough that we didn’t give them an opportunity.”Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski and Timo Meier scored for San Jose. Martin Jones allowed five goals on 19 shots before being replaced by Aaron Dell to start the third period.The Sharks started strong in the second period and held Minnesota without a shot for more than eight minutes. But the Wild then struck twice within less than a minute midway through the period to take control.Granlund started it with a wrist shot for his 21st goal before Zucker took over with two goals of his own, giving him 33 on the season and the Wild coasted from there to the victory.”We didn’t play too well,” Sharks forward Logan Couture said. ”We should have played better. Disappointing. I think over 82 games in the season we had a pretty solid year to make the playoffs.”The Wild started fast, holding San Jose to no shots on goal for nearly nine minutes and taking a 2-0 lead on goals from Brodin and Cullen.The Sharks then found their game late in the period and scored twice in 64 seconds to tie it, with Burns getting the first on a shot from the point and Pavelski tying the game after a turnover by Matt Dumba.NOTES: Wild D Louie Belpedio made his NHL debut after signing a contract earlier this week following a four-year career at Miami of Ohio. He had two assists to become the first Minnesota player ever with two points in his debut. … Sharks F Evander Kane returned to the lineup after missing two games with an undisclosed injury. … Brodin’s goal gave him 100 career points.UP NEXTWild: First round of playoffs vs. Winnipeg.Sharks: First round of playoffs vs. Anaheim.—

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » Introduction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: