Joined: 24 Jul 2017
|Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53:52 am Post subject: A few tips to use when building a deck
|1. Review your design plan before you begin any construction. This is important. Make sure you designed a deck that will fit in your space. You want it to be a comfortable but manageable size.
2. Build your deck in several stages. This will make the project less complicated. This way you can gather the tools and materials you need for each stage.
3. Arrange to have help when needed at different stages of the project.
4. It is very important that you check with your local utilities. They can give you precise locations of any underground gas lines, electrical, water, telephone and cable. You have to know where these are before you start any posthole digging.
5. Always apply for a building permit when required. Believe me it will make for less headaches in the long run. In case a neighbor or someone reports you, you will be covered by having the correct permits. Make sure you have a building inspector approve the deck design before you begin work.
6. It should take at least two or three weekends to complete a rectangular deck, about 10 ft. x 14 ft. Of course that also depends on how complex of design you have choose to build.
What type of materials you use and how deep to dig your footing will all depend on the climate where you live. It is extremely important to have the correct dept for your concrete post footing. Colder climates because of frozen ground most go deeper then warmer climates.
Using the correct dept footing and anchoring the ledger to your house properly makes the difference between a well-built safe deck and a deck that will not last a year or two.
When building a deck do not try to take shortcuts or use cheap materials, it will only cost you down the road when you deck deteriorates and falls apart.
I hope this will help you to start building your deck for the summer. Remember invite all your friends and family over for a cook out. This way you can repay them for all their help and show off your great deck.
With your new woodworking skill you can add decorative touches to your deck, from you railing to even making benches on your deck to store your cushions and for extra seating.
" pvc stair tread in malaysia , universal forest products vinyl fencing , wood plastic outdoor floor decking singapore , build fence panel in malaysia "