Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Where'd Lock, Shock, and Barrel Come from?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Characters
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kumimari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:13:02 am    Post subject: Where'd Lock, Shock, and Barrel Come from? Reply with quote

From where I've been searching, people have a lot of theories of where Lock, Shock, and Barrel originated.

What about you? What is your theory?

Trevor Serrure

Location: Inside a man-eating plant. I see dead people... T-T *is scared*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:16:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is that they originated in the human world, somewhere in Europe. The way they got to Halloweentown was by burning in a fire. You know how they avoided Jack's performance as the Pumpkin King in the beginning of the movie? They're terrified of fire because that's how they died. That's my theory.

NachoChees3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:59:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human children who died on halloween somehow, though I do like the theory of the person above me.

Zero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:35:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is they're just generally there. I mean, no-one ages there, and jack complains that it's the same year after year, therefore they've probably always just been there in halloween town, as have everyone else in Halloween Town. They don't quite look human... they have the wrong colour skin (and in lock's case, eyes) so i don't think they are from the real world. They're just eternal trick or treaters in halloween town.

minespatch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:16:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just think their siblings even though they didn't mention it in the film.

Personification Trope...
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Send private message

Zero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:20:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they speak like siblings do alot, ie. finishing each others sentences or talking in unison, and they fight amongst themselves alot, like siblings, and picking on the little one is common of siblings, so... yeah, they might be.

NachoChees3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:44:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes when I think of them I think of them as siblings, thats why when I read storys where they are in love with each other or something it kinda disturbs me lol.

The Master Of Fright

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:15:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think they ARE siblings, but that's not my theory...

Mine is that, when they were about...oooh, let's say 6 or so, they just happened to be playing out in a park. Y'know, sticking dirt in other kids hair and seeing how many worms they could eat before they threw up. Even before they were Lock, Shock, and Barrel they were a bit bully-ish and kinda icky...

But anyway, they ran into the woods, well...Lock did anyway, (he had stolen Barrel's Wolverine action figure) and Barrel was chasing after him, with Shock on the rear. They found one of the portals that led them to Halloween Town, being so curious, went into it and got stuck.

Simple. I mean...if you think about it, there could be portals to Halloween Town EVERYWHERE. For example...

When Jack gets shot out of the sky in the movie and lands in the Human Graveyard, how is it that is just so happens that he landed in the exact graveyard that if you run through the opening at the bottom of the angel, you'll reach Halloween Town? That's gotta be more than a chance sort of thing...What are the chances of him just landing in the exact graveyard with the portal?

Nah, I think there's lots of 'em and the three trick-or-treaters just stumbled upon one...Oogie probably bribed 'em with candy or something...

RachelF19

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:29:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they came there when they died !

manga ranga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:31:32 am    Post subject: An idea Reply with quote

I kinda agree with the idea Tom Bone created in his fanfic about their origins. Like they were orphans in the human world and Oogie took them to the Halloween world coz they didn't seem to fit anywhere. As time passed, their appearances changed so they looked more like Halloweeners. Environment influences 50% of your appearance so I think it's plausible.

Personally I half agree with the idea they're siblings. I can see the connection between Shock and Barrel, like they're half siblings. But comparing Lock with them... I don't quite see it.

However I doubt no one will know the truth unless they talk one on one with Tim Burton.
Biology used to be the study of living things, now it is the study of what will obliterate the human race first. Personally I've got $10 riding that we all get wiped out once the algal blooms infest our drinking water which will probably happen soon ~ Me explaining what I study

Zero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:39:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... in various cultures, the bogeyman, ie Oogie Boogie, is a monster who kidnaps naughty children in a sack and takes them away. Maybe that's what Lock, Shock and Barrel are. Naughty children abducted by Oogie. (Note: The Bogeyman is supposed to kidnap children in a large sack. Oogie Boogie is a large burlap sack, and Lock, Shock and Barrel kidnap Sandy in a large sack.)

The-Monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:15:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think thay wher human once, but a long time ago, and now thay are monsters like evryone else, alot of peopel fear the wrath of evil trike or treters. locks tail moves, and barrl has 3 toed feet.

Monster: He had a Father who loved him.

Kanto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Monster wrote:
i think thay wher human once, but a long time ago, and now thay are monsters like evryone else, alot of peopel fear the wrath of evil trike or treters. locks tail moves, and barrl has 3 toed feet.
I never noticed that barrel only had tree toes

The-Monster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont think thare shoes. dont look right to be.

Monster: He had a Father who loved him.

MsDevin92

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:27:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're siblings from Halloweentown- imps, you know, mischievious creatures, that went to work for that mean old bag of bugs. ><

RachelF19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:29:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say they died in the real world, perhaps Halloween town was there after life. that is my theroy

anonymous20

Location: Well...some people say i live in my own world, but hey! I could be in yours too if i wanted!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:36:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they COULD be siblings, but it's iffy. I mean, my siblings and I don't finish each other's sentences, we would never live TOGETHER, and we would never agree on anything. So, in that respect, I don't believe they're siblings.

I DO however think that they're extremely close friends. Me and my group of friends act surprisingly a lot like them...we fight a lot (sometimes physical) we finish each other's sentences, we can usually agree on SOMETHING eventually, and we like each other's company.

And, as for my theory about how they got to Halloween Town, I have a couple. Either they came upon a portal by accident (i.e. one opens up every few years, and they just happened to fall into it), they died and Halloween Town's their afterlife, they were stolen by Oogie, OR they were born in Halloween Town, their parents died, and Oogie adopted them.

"Love is an intense feeling of caring for another person. It can take many different forms (romantic, friendly, familial) but it is always about caring."
-I really have no clue who said this, but I REALLY like it!

hehe! crabs! hehe!

RachelF19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:27:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous20 wrote:
I think they COULD be siblings, but it's iffy. I mean, my siblings and I don't finish each other's sentences, we would never live TOGETHER, and we would never agree on anything. So, in that respect, I don't believe they're siblings.

I DO however think that they're extremely close friends. Me and my group of friends act surprisingly a lot like them...we fight a lot (sometimes physical) we finish each other's sentences, we can usually agree on SOMETHING eventually, and we like each other's company.

And, as for my theory about how they got to Halloween Town, I have a couple. Either they came upon a portal by accident (i.e. one opens up every few years, and they just happened to fall into it), they died and Halloween Town's their afterlife, they were stolen by Oogie, OR they were born in Halloween Town, their parents died, and Oogie adopted them.
If you are so much like them, maybe dress like Lock, Shock and Barrel for Halloween LOL

MsDevin92

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:30:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could three kids fight that much and not be related?

RachelF19

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:33:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well friends fight just as siblings do no ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Characters All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: