Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Where'd Lock, Shock, and Barrel Come from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Characters
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
MsDevin92

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:53:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RachelF19 wrote:
well friends fight just as siblings do no ?

...It was kind of a jokish thing. ^^;

anonymous20

Location: Well...some people say i live in my own world, but hey! I could be in yours too if i wanted!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:39:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrugs* like I said. It's possible, but it's iffy.

"Love is an intense feeling of caring for another person. It can take many different forms (romantic, friendly, familial) but it is always about caring."
-I really have no clue who said this, but I REALLY like it!

hehe! crabs! hehe!

PumpkinLore

Location: Either HalloweenTown running around with Jack and Sally or at Hogwarts learning spells with Harry!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:32:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this theory that I was discussing with Black awhile back when we were debating whether Jack was born a skeleton or died then came to HalloweenTown.
I think Lock, Shock, and Barrel were alive in the real world, but died. They came to HalloweenTown, and were recuited by Oogie Boogie. Now, I don't think they can age (note: the Pumpkin King suppose to take place long before Nightmare, and their looks didn't change or nothing) for this reason: Oogie Boogie has this "immortal" thing about him, so he gave some of his immortallity to the three trick or treaters.

anonymous20

Location: Well...some people say i live in my own world, but hey! I could be in yours too if i wanted!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:56:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nodnod* Makes sense. I don't really agree with the Pumpkin King game, but your theory makes sense.

"Love is an intense feeling of caring for another person. It can take many different forms (romantic, friendly, familial) but it is always about caring."

hehe! crabs! hehe!

PumpkinLore

Location: Either HalloweenTown running around with Jack and Sally or at Hogwarts learning spells with Harry!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:41:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous20 wrote:
*nodnod* Makes sense. I don't really agree with the Pumpkin King game, but your theory makes sense.

I really don't agree with the Pumpkin King game either, but glad my theory makes sense!

anonymous20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:43:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, although i still agree with you, it'd STILL be cool to know what they'd look like IF they grew up...like, would they still reflect they're childhood, or would they be TOTALLY different?

hehe! crabs! hehe!

PumpkinLore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:44:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anonymous20 wrote:
And, although i still agree with you, it'd STILL be cool to know what they'd look like IF they grew up...like, would they still reflect they're childhood, or would they be TOTALLY different?

Same here!

anonymous20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:50:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell a FANFIC PLOTLINE!!! WHO WANTS TO WORK ON IT WITH ME!?!?!?? XPP

hehe! crabs! hehe!

Bluetabby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:24:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actuallyworking on a fanfic that covers part of that in it they are siblingsthat have abusive parents there mother is a witch and there father is a monster of some sort (I haven't worked much on his charater) the story is not posted yet but it covers the storyof there older sister Nightmara ( OK Iknow Iknow .... Iwas NOT feling creative with names that day and I am sticking with what I have )

piratechick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:01:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who knows were they come from. We don't know were jack come from even and most of the others is the same story.

Jacks' Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:34:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is that they were all best friends (With that spark between Lock and Shock, of course), and they were riding a bus to school when the driver lost control and crashed into a truck.

Michael Jackson and Jack Skellington.... What's not to love?!

oogies_on_a_sugar_high

Location: bored as heck, looking around on google for pics and bothering noobs who don't know of RHPS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:06:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they might be french... especially lock.
they are probably related..
for instance
lock is the sibling who comes up with major ways to destroy things
barrel is the youngest and gets beaten up for it
shock is the one who keeps the other two from jumping off a cliff from a dare. she also keeps them from destroying the wrong thing.

if you notice in the town hall when barrel falls shock stops for a second to see if he's okay( so that leads me to think she may be the oldest)
lock uses peoples weaknesses to his advantages and attacks shock when shes still not paying full attention. (little brothers will do that kind of thing, i know, all my friends have little brothers)

but i like Trevor Serrure's idea...
but i love nimrok the werewolf's idea of the potion (read her fanfic if you haven't ... it's good) . they were human but a potion turned them into demons similal to what they were dressed as...
Ash - Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! It's a 12 gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about 109.95, got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart. YOU GOT THAT?!? - Ash from AOD

piratechick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:03:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lock is 6 years old and supposedly the leader and second oldest of Oogie's Boys, but does not think thoroughly. Lock wears a devil costume; his barbed tail moves as though alive, his teeth are pointed sharply, his face is narrow and long-jawed, and his hair is waxed into two horns, lending him a devilish appearance even when his mask is removed.
Shock is 7 years old and the most cunning and dangerous, only female, and the oldest of Oogie's minions and because of this is most likely the real leader of the three. She has some contempt for the other two for their so-called "stupidity". Shock wears a purple witch costume and behaves in unfeminine ways. There is no difference between her mask and her face, other than the former's lack of any features except eye-holes and a nose.

Barrel is 5 years old and the youngest and mistakenly considered the stupidest of the three troublemakers, despite his protests to the contrary, and is the butt of many jokes made by the other two members but usually gets even through his own tricks at which he always gets away with. Barrel wears a skeleton costume and has deformed feet, but otherwise resembles a small human boy, albeit one with blanched white skin, sunken eyes, and green hair. His face is round and wears a perpetual grin, except when he is angry at Shock. Barrel is also usually the pilot of the walking bathtub the trio use as transport. He rarely speaks, and if so he does in a raspy voice. Barrel is quick to stand up for either of his teammates.

Well least we know there ages.

shockified

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:48:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is that they lived in the real world, and since they moved around so much from their parents work, the trio decided to run away. They found the forest with each portal, and while tampering with each knob, Lock opened the Halloweentown door. They lived with Jack for quite a while, but then ran away, like they did so before. Lock, Shock, and Barrel changed their names from Luke, Sarah, and Brenden, to what they are known to today. Of course, they were recruited to Oogie Boogie as his minions, and Oogie didn't like the idea of Shock, since she was the only girl. This is when Shock learned how to toughen up, and become the tomboy she is today.

*I'm writing a fanfic about it*

bringbackboingo'sdaugter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:40:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know they came from mommy lock, shock ,and barrel.

cybus443

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:58:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting a fanfic as well, my thory is that thiier mother is a vampiric witch and thier father a skelleton, much like jack.
im my fan fic THEY ARE ALL SIBLINGS, LOCK SHOCK AND barrel but thier mother died whilst giving birth to barrel and the father died of grief a week later. the kids were brought up by smoke, thier older vampire sister
she has to go study the human realm, and she is oogies henchwoman. oogie looks after them till his demise in tnbc. the 3 realise that to get adopted they have to behave..........
i am writing lots of stories about them.
Barrel is 6
Lock is 7
Shock is 8

LockShockBarrelKickButt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:29:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they died Trick or Treating.

Cadence Lily Sebastian

Location: Rosewood Park, Pennsylvania (yes it's real, you idiot!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:19:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory, hmm, well, I haven't really thought about it, because I am not a fan of them. I think that the boogieman theory fits it.

LockShockBarrelKickButt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:26:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that they are related, though... I mean, look at them. They don't resemble each other at all.

lockshockbarrel5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:18:33 am    Post subject: lsb Reply with quote

well i think they were murdered on halloween by jack...on accident and they were in they costumes when they died. so then they all made plans to torture jack and halloween town for killing them andjust to do it for fun. then they found ooegie who promised to help but did the crossing finger thing...idk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Characters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: