Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Where'd Lock, Shock, and Barrel Come from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Characters
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
LockShockBarrelKickButt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: lsb Reply with quote

lockshockbarrel5 wrote:
well i think they were murdered on halloween by jack...on accident

XD "Accident"

I think that they are so... well, torturous and evil just because they find it fun. If torturing people wasn't fun for them, then they wouldn't do it.

And when they call each other stupid, and cohorts instead of friends or siblings, maybe it's because Oogie was desperate to gather some henchmen and just clumped the evilest children he could find together. Like when the teacher has assigned seats in class, and you sit next to someone you don't know, and sometimes you end up their friend, sometimes you end of their enemy, and sometimes you end up quite annoyed (OR ALL THREE)

As for where everyone came from (Not just Lock, Shock, and Barrel, everyone in town) I'm not sure... but ask yourself, where did Sandy Claws come from?

lockshockbarrelcatcher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:38:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think they were all just there from like the begining of Halloween so when Halloween was created so was the door to it and Halloween town itself

Goddess_Skella

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that they died trick or treating... Or hmm

Maybe they had some disease that killed them...

The world may never know...

I still want my Mama,
&
I still care for you.
So visit me in my Asylum.
Don't leave me alone.
Please?

RachelF19

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:37:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they died in the real world and ended up in Halloween Town.

lockshockbarrelcatcher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:39:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that they just like eryoneone else were just there when thee holiday is made so are the door and all the people in it.

panic_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:35:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've never thought about this before. I always just assumed they were always there. Now, though, I can see all sorts of ways for them to get to Halloween Town. Exploration, accident, bogeyman-nabbery... The world may never know for certain.

lockshockbarrelcatcher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:49:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres an idea somone email tim burton and ask him

princessxf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.First,they were all seperate trick-or-treaters and all of them hung out together.One night,lock,shock,and barrel went trick-or-treating on halloween night and got lost in a weird looking forest and found the holiday doors.They saw the halloween door and opened it leading them into halloween town.they found the treehouse and lived in their,sooner or later they met and foung Oogie.that's what I say.THANK YOU VERY MUCH

RachelF19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:41:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

princessxf wrote:
ok.First,they were all seperate trick-or-treaters and all of them hung out together.One night,lock,shock,and barrel went trick-or-treating on halloween night and got lost in a weird looking forest and found the holiday doors.They saw the halloween door and opened it leading them into halloween town.they found the treehouse and lived in their,sooner or later they met and foung Oogie.that's what I say.THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I like that idea

Mistica

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:25:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well everybody's theories do sound interesting. As for me...either they could have been from the human world and ended up in Halloween Town due to making a deal with Oogie or they could have been members of Halloween Town originally.

-"The Raven", Edgar Allen Poe

RachelF19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:21:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would make since too I guess. XD then that is what fanfics are for

Mistica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:19:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that is what they are for, a way for fans to explore how they felt that something came to be. Always a pleasure to read too.

-"The Raven", Edgar Allen Poe

princessxf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:47:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno?

luv4jack_skellington

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:23:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here's my opinion...First of all I don't think they're siblings...DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!
All three were killed on Halloween.
Shock was accused of witchcraft and hanged.
Lock died in a fire.
And Barrel was beaten to death.
Gee, am I a morbid person or what?!

Dokuringo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:49:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really thought of them as dead.

I don't believe they're siblings. I know some siblings might look different from each other, but jeez, these guys don't resemble each other at all through my vision.

I thought their parents got involved in some sort of accident and kicked the bucket. Like say... they lost a card game and paid with something other than cash? *hint hint*

In my mind they were bullied as younger children, and they sort of faded away from the rest of the Halloweentown society, becoming reclused and kind of nasty-of-attitude. They ran off to escape the torment, but quickly became lost, hungry, and desperate. Oogie might've seen a chance to take advantage of three kids who had nobody to turn to, and he bribed them using candy or something some gullible kids might want.

Maybe they played one too many pranks on the Mayor and he sent them away. That would explain his disdain towards the three when they appeared in the town hall.

kaialone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:17:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm,Where I come from they say that the boogieman sometimes takes children that are naughty with him and keeps them as servants,so I always thought that Oogie Boogie took them

RachelF19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:55:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luv4jack_skellington wrote:
Well here's my opinion...First of all I don't think they're siblings...DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!
All three were killed on Halloween.
Shock was accused of witchcraft and hanged.
Lock died in a fire.
And Barrel was beaten to death.
Gee, am I a morbid person or what?!

that could very well be the right theroy

jackskellingtonforever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe, like all the other characters in Halloween Town, that they were born there. Well, maybe not born, but have always just been there. I don't think that they died and came there, because that would be saying that Halloween Town is some sort of after life, which it is not, its just the birthplace of Halloween. I think that no one ages in Halloween Town, except for maybe a few of the creatures, but I honestly can't imagine L, S and B aging. Because, if you look at them, they're supernatural, like, monsters, so like Jack or anyone there, they have always been in Halloween town. Its just like humans, we just exsist here. We don't exsist anywhere else before we come to earth we're just here. And, like us, there is no explination how or why we're here, we just are, just like them.

Thats my theory.

Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls. :3

jackskellingtonforever

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, can I add another opinion, maybe Tim doesn't even have an explanation to how they came to be. Maybe he just left it up to us to use our imagination and discover it ourselves, in our own special way.

Don't follow in my footsteps, I walk into walls. :3

Question

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my theory;
They lived during the witch hunt era of the human world, but were always causing trouble, the three of them, and they were burned alive.

I like to combine The Corpse's Bride and TNBC together, so they fled from the underworld and hid in Halloween Town.

Its not really a good theory to be honest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index The Characters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: