Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

and learn an

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » Introduction
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaine95

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:43:14 am    Post subject: and learn an Reply with quote

PHILADELPHIA — The top-seeded Eagles are in search of their first trip to the Super Bowl since the 2004 season when they host the second-seeded Minnesota Vikings in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.

The Eagles (14-3) posted a 15-10 win over the Atlanta Falcons in the divisional round last Saturday and will participate in the NFC Championship Game for the first time since the 2008 season. They dropped a 32-25 decision to the Arizona Cardinals in that contest.

Philadelphia hasn’t hosted an NFC Championship Game since recording a 27-10 win over the Falcons following the 2004 season.

The Vikings (14-3) advanced following a thrilling 29-24 victory over the New Orleans Saints. Stefon Diggs hauled in a 61-yard touchdown catch from quarterback Case Keenum on the final play of the game Sunday.

Like the Eagles Anthony Munoz Jersey , Minnesota has yet to win a Super Bowl. The Vikings have dropped five consecutive NFC Championship games.

Philadelphia will enter Sunday’s game as an underdog, especially with quarterback Carson Wentz out with a torn ACL.

“It’s about those players in that dressing room, whether we’re three-point underdogs or three-point favorites. They really don’t listen to that stuff,” Eagles coach Doug Pederson said. “Of course, they have been sort of force-fed for about two weeks now, three weeks now, the information, and they just stick together. They just stick together and find a way and it’s been that way all season.”

Backup quarterback Nick Foles did an admirable job against the Falcons, completing 23 of 30 passes for 246 yards and a 100.1 passer rating. In two career playoff games with the Eagles — the other coming in a 26-24 loss to the Saints in 2014 — Foles is 46 of 63 for 441 yards, two touchdowns T.J. Green Jersey , no interceptions and a 102.7 passer rating.

“I am very humbled to win this game and to be a part of this team,” Foles said. “That’s what it’s always been about. I know there was a lot of people against us this last week. Just answering questions, and just hearing about it.

“… The biggest thing in our locker room is we believe in one another. Everyone believes, and that was shown on display. The city of Philadelphia obviously believes because they were here and loud. So we are grateful for that. Honestly, it’s unbelievable to win this game and we are not finished.”

The Vikings are in search of their first trip to the Super Bowl since the 1976 season — Super Bowl XI.

During the regular season, the Vikings’ defense ranked first in points allowed per game (15.8) and yards given up per game (275.9). Defensive end Everson Griffen was tied for fourth in the league with a career-best 13 sacks this season.

While the Vikings likely have seen video of Diggs’ amazing catch a million times, another game awaits in the NFC Championship.

“We should celebrate this and enjoy this,” tight end Kyle Rudolph told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “It’s hard to win playoff games. There’s a lot of guys in this locker room, including myself, this is our first playoff win. But it’s just the beginning. We’ve still got a lot of work to do.

“It’d be a shame to let something like that go to waste by us not showing up.”

The incredible final play will be etched in viewers’ minds forever.

“I don’t think it’s still really sunk in as far as like what something like that’s going to be Jordan Akins Jersey ,” guard Jeremiah Sirles told ESPN.com. “That’s the stuff that in 20 years, you turn on NFL Films and it’s going to be the 2018 NFL Classic. Something like that that you can’t take away from any player that’s in this room right now. We’ll always be a part of something that happened that was super special like that.”

A win over the Eagles would not only clinch a trip to the Super Bowl, but it would also be the Vikings’ first playoff victory against Philadelphia in four tries. The last time the teams met was in the 2008 wild-card round.

The Vikings are 0-4 all-time in the Super Bowl. In order to get a fifth shot, they’ll have to travel to a hostile environment and knock out the No. 1 seed.

“They’re a pretty resilient bunch,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told ESPN.com. “They’re pretty determined in what they’re always trying to get done. They’re always trying to get better. They’re a good group of guys that work really hard.”

The Bills still aren’t overloaded with talent at wide receiver.

But even after giving up a pick and guaranteeing him money (which added to their gigantic pile of dead money), they couldn’t justify keeping Corey Coleman.

Bills General Manager Brandon Beane told Tim Graham of The Athletic that Coleman might not have had enough time to make a good impression, but clearly never made a good impression.

“Yeah, you know, Corey, he tried hard. He really did Josh Lambo Jersey ,” Beane said. “Where he came in to learn a new offense, he just didn鈥檛 jell. It鈥檚 one of those things you ask yourself, ‘Have we given this enough time?’ The talent鈥檚 there. Anybody that鈥檚 been around the practice field, you see he has a skill set. But we just never were able to make it mesh on the field with him, and it鈥檚 a production business.

“People think, ‘Oh, G.M.s love to protect their draft picks.’ Well, if I鈥檓 protecting my draft picks, I gave a seventh-round pick for this guy and guaranteed some cash [$3.55 million for the 2018 season]. You don鈥檛 want to see that. But you鈥檝e got to be true to who earned the spot, and we just felt in the limited time that we were still unsure it was going to work Akiem Hicks Jersey , and to kick someone else out that we knew would work or felt better about, we just didn鈥檛 feel that was right.

“We talk about earning your spot. We just didn鈥檛 feel he鈥檇 done enough to earn it, and in fairness to Corey, it is hard to get here in August and learn an offense when you鈥檙e fighting for reps and haven鈥檛 practiced with any of these quarterbacks. That鈥檚 where I left myself late Friday night as I was debating this: ‘Am I being fair to Corey, and am I being fair to the team?’ At the end of the day, I have to be fair to the team.”

That certainly doesn’t paint the kindest of portraits of Coleman, a former first-rounder who failed to live up to expectations in Cleveland, which led to them giving him away for a seventh-rounder after he lost his job to a rookie.

Authentic Womens Korey Toomer Jersey ,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index » Introduction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: