Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Twilight anyone???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightmare Child

Location: I'm in my own little world. But it's OK, they know me here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05:05 pm    Post subject: Twilight anyone??? Reply with quote

Has anyone read or heard of the 'Twilight' series by Stephenie Meyer? Book 4 called 'Breaking Dawn' is coming out this year! I can't wait. Also there is a 'Twilight' movie coming out this year too. Apparently it's going to be released like 2 weeks after Harry Potter.

Whitewolf_Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:43:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard a lot about the books, and many people have read them at my school. I have yet to read my copy of it, but it sounds good from what I've heard.

Nightmare Child

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:04:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U should read it. It's soo good! Edward (the main guy character) is so awesome XD!

Pumpkinprincess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:29:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, he's cool and everything. And I like the actor that plays him in the upcoming film. I just hope that this book isn't killed in the movie version!!! We do not need another book-to-film that isn't faithful like Harry Potter or Eragon.

Free at Last

Nightmare Child

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:04:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Agreed. The last few HP movies definitley have not been so faithful to the book. I miss Chris Columbus as director for those movies. At least the first two movies were more faithful to the story. I havent read Eragon but I heard the movie completley screwed the book up. As for Twilight, I'm not too pleased with the actor they picked for Edward. But then again he could play the role very well. I'm also hoping that the movie is faithful to the book as well.

Blood Rayne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:47:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I LOOOOOVE THE TWILIGHT SERIES I HAVE ALL OF THE BOOKS AND OMG ITS SO AWESOME!!!! IN THE MOVIE EDWARDS IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE MOVIE COMES OUT NOVEMBER 21 O8

oh and harry potter isn't coming out till next year

Nightmare Child

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the convention in december! *excitement* and the actress for Alice and the actor for Emmett will be there. And maybe Robert Pattinson too *yay*

JackieJester
The Local Jester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:24:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of the Twilight series, but I've never bothered to read the books. I might go see the movie though.

See my babies

RagDoll
Battle Angel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:42:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about it. However, what I heard was that it was really predictable.

BirdsofaFeather

Location: I'm either working for GeneCo, singing, robbing graves, or rebelling against my father.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:26:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it to death. Went to the Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party and read that dang book in 3 hours. It was terrible. I'm not as obsessed now as I used to be, and I'm still going to see the movie, though. I'll be disappointed...

Currently Obsessed With: Repo! The Genetic Opera and Addams Family.

Blood Rayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:24:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg if you buy twilight book for paper back then you can geta free poster and it has the cullens kids and bella on it it soooooooo awesome

Pumpkinprincess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:31:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsofaFeather wrote:
Love it to death. Went to the Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party and read that dang book in 3 hours. It was terrible. I'm not as obsessed now as I used to be, and I'm still going to see the movie, though. I'll be disappointed...

Ugh, don't remind me of the monstrocity that was Breaking Dawn. I wasted a whole day reading that poor excuse of a book. It was like terrible fanfiction, I swear me and my boyfriend have WAY more chemistry than Edward and Mary Sue---I mean Bella. The only good parts of that book were the chapter titles in Jacob's half.

Free at Last

Blood Rayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:59:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumpkinprincess wrote:
BirdsofaFeather wrote:

Ugh, don't remind me of the monstrocity that was Breaking Dawn. I wasted a whole day reading that poor excuse of a book. It was like terrible fanfiction, I swear me and my boyfriend have WAY more chemistry than Edward and Mary Sue---I mean Bella. The only good parts of that book were the chapter titles in Jacob's half.

Omg, Breaking Dawn was the best, I read the whole book under two days I love it so much and I even read it again. you can't like the series if you don't like them all

The Pumpkin prince!
Pinball Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:38:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Omg, Breaking Dawn was the best, I read the whole book under two days I love it so much and I even read it again. you can't like the series if you don't like them all

HA HA HA.
*Sighs*
I'm sorry. I just couldn't get past how stupid that comment sounded.

OK, me being a vessel of hatred aside, of course you can like a series if you don't like them all. For example, Devil May Cry has many fans of the series, but many of them don't like the second one.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm outta here before I get done for being off-topic~

"Come now Cheshire. Look at me. Do I look like I have any interest in children? Now making them... Well, that's another story." - Bayonetta
Song of the Whenever: The Killing Moon by Echo & The Bunnymen

Pumpkinprincess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Rayne wrote:

Breaking Dawn isn't the best. It seems rushed, like Meyer procastinated until the last moment to write this. It has terrible spelling/grammar errors and also Meyer contradicts herself by making Bella pregnant. She clearly stated that Vampires are like the walking dead, as in they're dead. But somehow their sperm isn't?!?!?!? And Meyer was praised for the fact that she was using vampireism as a metaphor for not having sex and that her books showed love without sex, yet in BD all Bella can think about is sex sex sex!!! It didn't feel like this was from the same series that I liked so much.

As for liking the series or not liking the series all because I don't like Breaking Dawn, that's a bunch of bull!! I mean it's all about choice, I choose to like the Twilight series, but I refuese to think that Breaking Dawn exists. And just because you're a crazy fan (I mean that in the best way possible) and you think that the only way to be a fan is to love the whole series will not change my fandom.

I mean, we're all Tim Burton fan's here right, but I don't know many Tim Burton fans that actually like Planet of the Apes, does that make us any less of fans? NO!!!

Then there's the Pirates series. I know so many people who love the first Pirates film, but hated the second film. But that didn't stop them from going oppening night for the 3rd film (and some in costume).

Free at Last

Poison Ivy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:52:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sick of all this Twilight hype. I was totally reading the books before anybody else did and now it's "kewl" and its totally lame with all this merch and its not even funny!!!

*Kidnaps all twilight merchendisers*

The Pumpkin prince!
Pinball Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:31:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need to pay attention to the merchandise? I mean really, if it's annoying you, why not try and ignore it?

"Come now Cheshire. Look at me. Do I look like I have any interest in children? Now making them... Well, that's another story." - Bayonetta
Song of the Whenever: The Killing Moon by Echo & The Bunnymen

bringbackboingo'sdaugter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:04:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Have Probaly Out Done All You. I Own:
2-copys of twilight (1 signed)
3-copies of New Moon (lost it alot)
2- Eclipses
2-breaking Dawns
13- Twilight Tee (I Truly Do)
1- Twilight Jacket
4- Posters
3 - host Copies (1 signed)(1 aduio)
I Have meet Mrs. Meyer
I Have Gone To All Twilight Events In The Az Area
I Have Read Twilight 15 times
New Moon 3 ( I Cry)
Eclispe 17
Breaking Dawn 6

It Is All True And I Can Have My Friends Back me up. Her Username is Shcokifed and I Got Her Twilight Signed Too.

P.S. I Seeing The Movie The Day It Comes Out.

P.S.S Wacth Me On The Cullen Crest
I am Miss Wednesday
Link: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheCullenCrest

BirdsofaFeather

Location: I'm either working for GeneCo, singing, robbing graves, or rebelling against my father.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:07:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poison Ivy wrote:
I am so sick of all this Twilight hype. I was totally reading the books before anybody else did and now it's "kewl" and its totally lame with all this merch and its not even funny!!!

*Kidnaps all twilight merchendisers*

I was the first to read it at my school and now everyone's like I love these sooo sooo much!!! and I say: Really? Then why didn't you read it so long ago like me?

And... the movie looks pretty terrible. They're going to absolutely ruin it. The only reason I am going to see it is because of Jasper.

And merchandise? Who cares! It's a BOOK SERIES. -_- Why do you need SO MANY COPIES of a book? I have the books, and a shirt. What else do I need? NOTHING.

I really wish people would just stop reading this series. I'm absolutely SICK of all these people just reading it and calling it their obsession, when so many of the original readers are thrown in the dust.

Angry rant OVER.

Currently Obsessed With: Repo! The Genetic Opera and Addams Family.

RagDoll
Battle Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:09:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pumpkin prince! wrote:
Do you really need to pay attention to the merchandise? I mean really, if it's annoying you, why not try and ignore it?

Because it really is frustrating for those who truly did read it before it became mainstream. Most kids around here that want to read it simply because "lyke zomgz it's super awesome!!!!!!!" and they probably don't even know what they are getting ready to read. Ugh. But looking at the bright side, AT LEAST kids are reading. That's definitely a plus.

The Pumpkin prince! wrote:
I'm sorry. I just couldn't get past how stupid that comment sounded.

Furthermore, please hold back from saying things like that. No one's opinion is ever deemed "stupid".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: