Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Letters to Sally

View previous topic :: View next topic  
letterstosally

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:45:45 pm    Post subject: Letters to Sally Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I guess I'm not really sure if this is the proper place to post this, if it's not I apologize and please move to the proper area.

Basically, to introduce myself I am a 23 year old guy who saw TNBC when I was young and have spent my whole life looking for a Sally of my own.

Of course, that's a pretty high standard to live up to. We've all had terrible relationships and such, and so since I was about 12 every time I'm feeling sad or depressed or heartbroken, I write a letter to Sally. It's just something I do in my spare time and it always makes me feel a lot better.

Anyhow, http://letterstosally.tumblr.com/ (letterstosally.tumblr.com) is a link to to my tumblr where I post them. I'd love to have some fans read, while I do write the letters with Sally in mind, it's not necessarily TNBC themed other than that. Let me know what you think or also if there is anyone that does the same thing or something similar?

Mrs pilky

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these moved me. I believe in what you are saying as well, I agree with all of it. I do a a SORT of similar thing in my head. But not really- It's kinda a mixture of role-play/acting type thing. I just pretend to be Lock Shock or Barrel when I'm upset. Because when your Lock Shock or Barrel, everyone's afraid of YOU. You have no problems. I think the letters are deeply meaningful.

letterstosally

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I do find it easier to just pretend that you're someone else for a little while when you're stressed out. It is a nice brief break from everything, and if I could be anyone why wouldn't I choose to be Jack haha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Creativity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: