Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

m. "Physically, I feel great," he said. "I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Danny Elfman
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:29:51 am    Post subject: m. "Physically, I feel great," he said. "I Reply with quote

NEW YORK -- New York Mets closer Bobby Parnell will have Tommy John surgery and is out for the season. The Mets made the announcement Sunday night. Parnell blew a save on opening day against Washington and the next day it was revealed he had partially torn right elbow ligament. He received a plasma injection and the original plan was for him to rest about two weeks before starting a throwing program and then deciding whether to have surgery. Less than a week later, the Mets announced Parnell would undergo ligament replacement surgery on Tuesday. Parnell was 5-5 with a 2.16 ERA and 22 saves in 26 chances last year, but the hard-throwing right-hander missed the last two months because of a neck injury that required surgery. The 29-year-old Parnell took it easy in spring training, but was deemed ready for the start of the season. He didnt look it, however, last Monday against Washington. His fastball which usually hits about 95 mph, averaged 92. With Parnell out, veteran Jose Valverde has taken over closing for the Mets. Kendall Wright Authentic Jersey . He scored two highlight-reel goals in a three-minute span -- the second on a sideways bicycle kick in the 78th minute -- to give the Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Portland Timbers before a crowd of 20,303 at B. Earl Campbell Womens Jersey . Hes just beginning to get similar results. The right-hander struggled after winning the honour in 2008 and 2009, but a retooling of his game has begun to pay off and has the San Francisco Giants thinking about the Lincecum of old. http://www.thetitansfansclub.com/Black-Friday-Curley-Culp-Jersey/. Felix Pie had an RBI double earlier in the inning, as Baltimore rallied for three runs to overcome a 3-2 deficit. J.J. Hardy had two hits and Matt Wieters chipped in with an RBI double for the Orioles, who pushed their winning streak to three games. Marcus Mariota Jersey . -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. Rishard Matthews Womens Jersey . On Wednesday night, they showed that stellar defence and a little small ball can get the job done too. With pinch-runner Kevin Pillar aboard after Dioner Navarro opened the bottom of the ninth with a single, Anthony Gose dropped down an excellent bunt along the first-base line.SANTA BARBARA, Calif. -- Kobe Bryant feels great, would welcome Byron Scott as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, would love to play alongside free agent Carmelo Anthony and is pleased with the moves of the teams front office so far. At least thats how the All-Star guard presented things at UC Santa Barbara on Wednesday, where Bryant is hosting his annual youth basketball camp. But for anybody hoping for definitive answers, Bryant had nothing to offer. "Obviously its a hot topic of conversation in terms where everybody is going to go," he said. "Everybody is here to read tea leaves. I dont have much to tell you. I dont have any information you guys dont already know." Bryant addressed a throng of reporters during a wide-ranging conversation delayed by about an hour as he watched the end of the World Cup semifinal match between Argentina and the Netherlands elsewhere. He teased reporters asking him for his thoughts on the game. "I missed it," he deadpanned. "I was trying to rush over here to get to you fine folk. I didnt get a chance to catch the end. Who won?" His joke fooled nobody, as he had moments earlier tweeted his excitement for an Argentina-Germany final, followed shortly after by another tweet that expressed his boredom at a by-now all-too-familiar line of questions. The tweet included the hashtags "diffwritersamequestion" and "yawn." Mostly, Bryant stressed patience in waiting to see who signs where. "Its a little hard now because I think everyone is playing the waiting game to a certain extent, at least we are," he said. "You kind of want to see where the dominoes fall and then operate from there. You wind up operating in somewhat of a window. You start seeing other players going other places, players that you can use to fill out the roster, right? So you see these things happening and youre behind a bit, but its worth the wait.dddddddddddd" The 18-year NBA veteran didnt hide his sentiments about the possibility of playing alongside Anthony, the Knicks free agent and his two-time Olympic teammate. "I would love to play with him," Bryant said. "Weve really clicked since 2008. I would love to see that." Bryant said he would also welcome his former teammate, Scott, as his next coach. "He was my rookie mentor when I first came in the league, so I had to do things like get him doughnuts and run errands for him, things like that," he said. "Weve had a tremendously close relationship throughout the years." In terms of grading the performance of the Lakers front office this off-season, Bryant suggested that he was pleased, but that he would not be happy with another rebuilding year. "Ive never had patience; Im not going to start now," he said. "But you do what you have to do as an organization. God forbid we end up with absolutely nothing, its not for a lack of effort. Thats something I would be extremely proud of. We put forth the effort and gave it our best shot. What can you do? You just go from there and do your best and try to win." Bryant said he believed signing Anthony would go a long way to retaining unrestricted free agent Pau Gasol. "My biggest message to (Gasol) was, Make sure you enjoy this process," Bryant said. "The ball is in your court. This is your decision to make, dont feel like the weight is on your shoulders. Im sure if we got Carmelo that would help him make his decision." Bryant said he feels as though his body is in midseason form. "Physically, I feel great," he said. "I dont think about my knee when Im training, I dont think about my Achilles when Im training. I feel sharp and crisp and well just add on from there." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Danny Elfman All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: