Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

ce to win the golf tournament, and

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:16:25 am    Post subject: ce to win the golf tournament, and Reply with quote

LAS VEGAS -- Canadian Alexis Davis modestly describes her fighting skills as "a little of this, a little bit of that." "Doesnt matter where the fight ends up, Im pretty comfortable in all positions," she said. The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., who fights out of San Jose, looks to use all those tools Saturday against womens bantamweight (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey in the co-main event of UFC 175. Rousey (9-0) is the gold standard of womens MMA. An Olympic bronze medallist in judo, she has gone on to dominate the womens side of mixed martial arts in defending her 135-pound UFC title three times. As such, the bookmakers see Rousey as anywhere from a 9-1 to 17-1 favourite against Davis despite the fact both women are 3-0 in the UFC. Rousey tells a different story. "Shes the most well-rounded fighter Ive ever come up against," she said at a public workout Wednesday. "Ive always had someone whos predominantly a grappler or striker, who always had that weak area to bring them to. Alexis really doesnt have a weak area, so I just have to be better than her everywhere." Davis (16-5) has black belts in Brazilian and Japanese jiu-jitsu. And the scars around her eyes show she is not afraid to mix it up. While quiet by nature, Davis is savouring the buildup to the championship bout. "I feel like Im on a rush right now, kind of soaking everything, just enjoying myself," she said. She will have plenty of support from north of the border, with some 20 family and friends expected to fly down to Vegas. "Its incredible," she said. "Im just happy to have them watching on TV. For them to come out, its awesome that they support me." Her husband Flavio Ralf Meier doubles as her Brazilian jiu-jitsu coach, so hes already here. The two rolled together at a public workout Wednesday, bowing to each other as the workout ended. "It has its highs and its lows," a giggling Davis said of having her husband as a coach. "But were really good at being able to kind of separate what were doing -- inside the gym and home life. Because you kind of have that balance. Home is like your little sanctuary where you dont have to focus on the fight, youre more worried about whats going on with the kids (three boys from her husbands previous relationship). Its just all about relaxing. "But when were inside the gym, if you havent seen it, Im choking him just as hard as Im choking everybody else." As for the lopsided fight odds against Rousey, Davis is unconcerned. "I can see why Im the underdog," she said. "Obviously not only is she the champion and shes been so successful but every single fight shes had has been a finish. "I dont mind being the underdog ... Less pressure, let her have it all." Adrian Peterson Youth Jersey . -- One shot came out of bottom of a cactus, the other from the base of a desert bush with rocks scattered around it. Marcus Williams Womens Jersey . Grilli hasnt pitched since straining his left oblique in late April. Manager Clint Hurdle says the right-hander will make a couple of appearances in middle relief before the team determines whether to return Grilli to the back end of the bullpen. http://www.authenticsaintssportsonline.com/saints-marshon-lattimore-gold-jersey/. Case in point: LeBron James vs. Ben McLemore. James was driving to the rim in the first quarter and McLemore decided to try to take the charge, which was quite admirable and predictably futile. Marcus Williams Youth Jersey . -- Creighton apparently has Villanovas number. Marshon Lattimore Womens Jersey .The Dallas Cowboys released Sam from the practice squad Tuesday, dropping the rush end as they prepare for several potential reinforcements to return to the defensive line.DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Henrik Stenson remained in position to win the European Tour money title, opening a one-stroke lead Friday in the season-ending World Tour Championship. The Swede had an 8-under 64 to reach 12 under after two rounds on Jumeirahs Earth Course. Stenson also leads the Race to Dubai standings. The points champion will receive $1 million from a $3.75 million bonus pool that counts on the final money list. In September, Stenson won the PGA Tours season-ending Tour Championship in Atlanta to take the FedEx Cup title and $10 million bonus. Spains Alejandro Canizares was second after a 67. Stenson is trying to become the second Swede to top the money list, following Robert Karlsson in 2008. Stenson had a five-stroke advantage over Englands Justin Rose, second in the points standings. Graeme McDowell, third in the points race, was eight strokes behind Stenson. "They are chasing me as good as they can, and I know neither one of the guys are going to back down," Stenson said. "So it is better I keep my foot down and my head down and try and keep the momentum going."; Stenson also won the Deutsche Bank Championship outside Boston en route to the FedEx Cup title.dddddddddddd "The key for me this summer was that I have been up so many times," Stenson said. "When I needed the putts to drop they did in Boston, and when I played really well to win in Atlanta (U.S. Tour Championship)." Rose, the U.S. Open champion, says it is becoming increasingly difficult to catch Stenson. "I thought that 5-under par would be good enough for me to just stay in the tournament, which I am happy about," Rose said. "But then this golf course seems really tailor-made for Henrik. He just seems to be able to take advantage of all the par-5s, and hes playing really, really well. It will be tough to catch him." Defending champion Rory McIlroy was tied for ninth at 6 under after a 67. "Its nice to know going into the weekend you still have a chance to win the golf tournament, and thats the stage Ive been trying to get to for the last few months," he said. "I finally feel like Ive got to the stage now where I can contend week-in, week-out." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: