Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Pumpkin Patch Forums
A Tribute to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile  RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

ies Pond. "She was very sweet starti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Comments/Suggestions
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48:27 am    Post subject: ies Pond. "She was very sweet starti Reply with quote

BRISBANE, Australia - Roger Federer turned the Brisbane International final into a grand occasion Sunday, beating the up-and-coming Canadian Milos Raonic in three see-sawing sets to register his 1,000th career match win.Its a grand number for a 17-time Grand Slam champion, making him the only player after Jimmy Connors (1,253) and Ivan Lendl (1,071) to win 1,000 times on the mens professional tour.Clearly its a special day for me, winning a title plus getting to the magic number of 1,000, Federer said after his 6-4, 6-7 (2), 6-4 win against third-seeded Raonic. It feels very different to any other match Ive ever won. All those (milestone) numbers didnt mean anything to me, but for some reason 1,000 means a lot because its such a huge number. Just alone to count to 1,000 is going to take a while.Federer clearly wanted to reach the milestone before the Australian Open, breaking Raonics serve in the third game and again in the opening game of the second set. He fired eight of his eventual 21 aces in the first set, taking on the big-serving Canadians strength. Just as it appeared Federer would coast to a comfortable victory, though, Raonic shook off his nerves to break back in the fourth game of the second set and swing the momentum.Federer had another half-chance to clinch it in two, getting an early mini-break in the tiebreaker, but Raonic went on a roll to win seven straight points and level the match.The 33-year-old Swiss star responded by serving an ace to open the third set, but he needed all his experience to save three break-point chances in that lengthy game.Tension continued to build as Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., was forced to save two break points in each of the fourth and sixth games, and missed two chances on Federers serve in the fifth.Only one point went against serve in the next three games until Raonic was serving to stay in the match. He was leading 30-15 when Federer produced a pin-point topspin lob that forced an error, and then came a double-fault Raonics first of the set and fourth of the match to give Federer a championship point.Raonic netted a forehand on the next point, and Federer raised his arms to acknowledge the Federer 1,000 placards and red-and-white Swiss flags being waved around Pat Rafter Arena.Looking back its almost nicer winning this way through a tight match with nerves and humid conditions against a great player in a final, Federer said. It means so much more than just running away with it. I guess I was much more happy having to go three sets in the end.Raonic said he did everything he could but didnt quite have the answer to beat Federer for the second time in their nine head-to-heads. Still, he didnt mind being part of the big occasion.Its great to see because you know how much hes done for tennis. He turned pro I think it was like 10 years before me, Raonic said. Its great to see everything hes done for tennis. The fans hes brought, the media attention hes brought ... hes definitely the most popular tennis player of all time.Ballboys held up 1,000 in big, white numerals near the net during the presentation ceremony, when Federer accepted mementoes from Australian tennis greats Roy Emerson and Rod Laver: the Roy Emerson Trophy and, from Laver, a framed montage of images with the words Congratulations Roger, 1,000 match wins.Special moment. Im glad I got it, Federer said. To get to 1,000 match wins in front of you guys ... it really means a lot to me. Ill never forget this match.In a career of so many milestones, Federer welcomed another and was glad to get it done before the season-opening major.He hasnt added to his collection of Grand Slam titles since his 2012 Wimbledon triumph, but showed signs last year hes no spent force by finishing No. 2 in the rankings, helping Switzerland to its first Davis Cup crown and finishing the season with five titles and a 73-12 record.Federer said he hasnt got Connors record number of wins in his sights, yet, but he does have ambitions to win more major titles. That quest begins Jan. 19 at Melbourne Park, where he hasnt returned to the final since winning the last of his four Australian Open titles in 2010.Yeah, I do believe that, he said. Clearly I do believe I have a shot in Melbourne, otherwise I would go home. Rougned Odor Jersey .com) - Minnesota Vikings fans would surely concede Teddy Bridgewater is not Peyton Manning. Jonathan Lucroy Jersey . Pillar is batting .305 with 17 extra-base hits, 19 RBI and five stolen bases in 34 games for Buffalo this season. The right-handed hitter had an International League high, 18-game hitting streak this season and currently owns an IL high 26-game on base streak. http://www.rangersapparelsshop.com/tyson-ross-jersey-c-31/.com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. Mike Napoli Jersey . As the schedule flipped from November to December, they would go on to drop five straight, falling six games below the .500 mark before a franchise-altering trade turned them into an unrecognizable team. Jurickson Profar Jersey .4 seconds left and dribbled up court, weaving through Pitts defence.RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. -- Shanshan Feng was alone in her opinion about the pin positions in the Kraft Nabisco Championship. She was by herself atop the leaderboard, too. "The pin positions werent that hard," the 24-year-old Chinese player said. Feng had little trouble Thursday in perfect morning conditions at Mission Hills, shooting a 6-under 66 to take a one-stroke lead over Michelle Wie and Se Ri Pak. Defending champion Inbee Park voiced the majority opinion after an opening 74. "The pin positions were very tough for the first day," Park said. "Half of the pins, we couldnt go at. There were very tough pins out there." Cristie Kerr agreed after her morning round in the first major of the year. "The pin on 3 today, it doesnt matter if you hit a pitching wedge, it would be hard to get to, and were hitting 6- and 7- irons in," said Kerr, tied for sixth after a 69. "The pin on 1 is like 2 yards from the right side of the green. ... Do they have to be that severe? Maybe not, but theyre probably compensating for the fact that theres not much rough." Feng had seven birdies and a bogey. "This morning, it was playing easier because there was no wind," Feng said. Feng won the 2012 LPGA Championship to become the tours first Chinese winner and had two victories late last year. She tied for 16th last week in Carlsbad, her best finish of the season. "The beginning of this year I was kind of a little lost because I lost a little weight and my swing kind of changed a little," Feng said. "I wasnt swinging very comfortably." Angel Yin, a 15-year-old high school freshman from the Los Angeles suburb of Arcadia, was two strokes back at 68 with Amy Yang. Yin was asked if there was a player she wanted to meet, but was too shy to approach. "Michelle Wie," Yin said. "If she sat next to me and said Hi to me, Id probably run." The 24-year-old Wie laughed when told about Yins response. "Its crazy," Wie said. "These girls are starting to make me feel really old." Wie played a four-hole stretch in 5 under, showing off all the talent that made her a star in her early teens and helped attract players like Yin to golf. "I just felt comfortable out there," Wie said. Wie stalled at the end, llipping out a 3-foot par putt on the par-3 17th and settling for par on the par-5 18th.dddddddddddd "Ill take a 67 here," Wie said Wie birdied the par-5 ninth and par-4 10th, made a 25-foot eagle putt on the par-5 11th and moved into a tie for the lead with a 15-foot birdie putt on the par-4 12th. She got up-and-down for par from near a steep face in a bunker on the par-4 15th, hitting to 1 1/2 feet with her left foot almost 2 feet above her right. "Just was aggressive on the holes I needed to be and conservative on the other holes," Wie said Wie is making her 12th start in the tournament. She was ninth in 2003 at age 13, fourth the following year and tied for third at 16 in 2006. "I think when youre younger youre kind of fearless," Wie said. "You dont know what failure is." Wie has two LPGA Tour victories, winning the 2009 Lorena Ochoa Invitational in Mexico and the 2010 Canadian Womens Open. She has been in the top 16 in all five of her starts this year, finishing a season-best fourth in Thailand. "Im so grateful to have rounds like these," Wie said. Paired with 58-year-old Hall of Famer Amy Alcott, Feng rebounded from a bogey on 15 with a birdie on par-4 16th. "I made a bogey on 15, and she was like, OK, lets make two birdies back in the last three holes," Feng said. "I was like, Yes, maam." Alcott shot an 81 in her 36th start in the event she won in 1983, 1988 and 1991. In 1988, she became the first player to take the now-traditional victory leap into Poppies Pond. "She was very sweet starting off and we were talkative," Alcott said. "She hits it very solid. Just a very, very talented young player." The 36-year-old won the last of her five major titles in 2006. "Just a solid round," Pak said. "The greens got a little firmer, but I got pretty good distance control." Anna Nordqvist, the winner in Carlsbad for her second victory of the year, opened with a 71. Playing partner Stacy Lewis, the 2011 winner, had a 73. Lewis struggled off the tee, hitting drives to the right. "If I can straighten out my driver Ill be right there," Lewis said. Sixteen-year-old Lydia Ko and Hall of Famer Karrie Webb, also a two-time winner this year, were in the group at 73. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pumpkin Patch Forums Forum Index Comments/Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: